PDA

View Full Version : Don McCullin

Crazy Dave
4th February 2019, 10:16 PM
Iíve just finished watching a film on BBC4 about the great man. So inspirational hopefully it will be on iPlayer so that I can watch again. Highly recommended.

David

Internaut
4th February 2019, 10:19 PM
Worth looking him up in The Guardian. There’s a big interview with him, and a review of his retrospective at the Tate Modern.

Crazy Dave
5th February 2019, 08:15 AM
Thanks for that. There is an excellent review of the exhibition here:

https://www.tate.org.uk/whats-on/tate-britain/exhibition/don-mccullin/don-mccullin-exhibition-guide

David

Phill D
5th February 2019, 08:40 AM
There was an interview with him on BBC Breakfast this morning, certainly an impressive and talented chap.

Wally
5th February 2019, 09:52 AM
Iíve just finished watching a film on BBC4 about the great man. So inspirational --> hopefully it will be on iPlayer so that I can watch again. Highly recommended. David

The good news... available for 29 days. :tup

The bad news... when crap gets extended viewing times. t-dwn

Zuiko
5th February 2019, 09:59 AM
I watched the documentary too. It's great to see that Don is still making highly creative and perceptive photographs at the age of 83; his street work is amazing.

Internaut
7th February 2019, 09:11 PM
Just watched it. Great to see a man in his 80s at ease carrying around a large medium format film camera, or a couple of 5Ds. That also surprised me, bearing in mind he has at best been ambivalent towards digital.

The program is also a nice contrast to his recent, unrelentingly grim interview in the Guardian about his experience as a war photographer.