PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from the USA

Ronn Stacy
4th January 2008, 06:52 PM
Here mostly to read about user's experience in the UK with the E System... but I may pipe in from time-to-time.

PeterD
4th January 2008, 07:07 PM
Here mostly to read about user's experience in the UK with the E System... but I may pipe in from time-to-time.

Hi Ronn

Welcome to the E-System site. We are a friendly lot and exchange experiences freely with each other.

I see you are from Alaska and you have access to beautiful scenery. What are your interests if you don't mind me asking?

I am still experimenting from MACRO to landscape. I have a particular interest in nature.

Recently purchased the E3 and like a number of others here I am learning new techniques with this camera.

Kind regards

PeterD

BigD
4th January 2008, 07:09 PM
hello ronn and welcome to the forums

theMusicMan
4th January 2008, 07:28 PM
Welcome indeed Ron. Alaska eh... I just had one of your Salmon - gorgeous it was too!! :)

Barr1e
4th January 2008, 07:38 PM
Welcome Ronn -

It's good to see a face from Alaska, maybe our first.

Regards. Barr1e

Ronn Stacy
4th January 2008, 07:39 PM
Hi Ronn

Welcome to the E-System site. We are a friendly lot and exchange experiences freely with each other.

I see you are from Alaska and you have access to beautiful scenery. What are your interests if you don't mind me asking?

I am still experimenting from MACRO to landscape. I have a particular interest in nature.

Recently purchased the E3 and like a number of others here I am learning new techniques with this camera.

Kind regards

PeterD

Hi Peter, yup... currently in California (long story) for an extended stay, but I spent almost 25 years in Alaska. It will always be home. If you plan to (just) visit, an old saying is to wait until late in life, because all else pales in comparison! ;-)

Ronn Stacy
4th January 2008, 07:41 PM
Welcome indeed Ron. Alaska eh... I just had one of your Salmon - gorgeous it was too!! :)

Here's me and a salmon... several years back... http://www.pbase.com/thealaskan/image/31399193

PeterD
4th January 2008, 08:05 PM
Hi Peter, yup... currently in California (long story) for an extended stay, but I spent almost 25 years in Alaska. It will always be home. If you plan to (just) visit, an old saying is to wait until late in life, because all else pales in comparison! ;-)

Ronn,

I have taken a look at your gallery and must say I can see what you mean. Once bitten I guess its difficult to come away.

I hope I can get somewhere near to the standard you have set yourself. I am a mere beginner.

Note that you are using the E1 and before that the Cannon. Are you still using both?

Kind regards

PeterD