PDA

View Full Version : Invisible Mode

Darkroom
16th January 2019, 11:22 AM
Purely out of genuine curiosity and as a break from politics, I'd be interested to know why someone would choose to log in for hours every day but use " Invisibility Mode". Often, we seem to have 1 less members name shown than the "active users" figure indicates.

Frankly, I fail to see the usefulness of such a facility. If you don't wish others to know your're visiting the forum, why log on in the first place ? Is there some advantage to using "Invisibility mode" ? Am I missing something here ?

Darkroom

TimP
16th January 2019, 12:19 PM
You’re assuming it’s deliberate, where does one go to turn that on or off?

Darkroom
16th January 2019, 12:24 PM
You’re assuming it’s deliberate, where does one go to turn that on or off?

"User Control Panel" - "Edit Options" first item on the page. I'm assuming nothing, merely asking a question *chr

Darkroom

TimP
16th January 2019, 12:53 PM
Thanks, found it and it’s not me!

Darkroom
16th January 2019, 01:01 PM
Thanks, found it and it’s not me!

Not me either Tim :)

If science and technology ever invent an invisible mode for use in reality it could have a multitude of uses and advantages *yes

Darkroom

Keith-369
16th January 2019, 01:06 PM
It ain't me either :)

TimP
16th January 2019, 01:20 PM
"User Control Panel" - "Edit Options" first item on the page. I'm assuming nothing, merely asking a question *chr

Darkroom

My comment about assumption was because at that point I genuinely wondered if it was me, in which case I can assure you it wasn’t deliberate! Is wasn’t so everything is right with the world! (If only that was all it took)

Otto
16th January 2019, 01:49 PM
T'aint me neither. I assume the default setting for a new user is "off", and if somebody deliberately turned it on they're not likely to tell us are they!

wornish
16th January 2019, 02:15 PM
Not me either

Zuiko
16th January 2019, 02:17 PM
I've never seen a use for it and it doesn't hide the user from the mods, we can clearly see when someone has logged on invisibly!

Otto
16th January 2019, 02:38 PM
I've never seen a use for it and it doesn't hide the user from the mods, we can clearly see when someone has logged on invisibly!

Do tell !! *chr

(JK!)

Zuiko
16th January 2019, 02:41 PM
Do tell !! *chr

(JK!)

I can't really do that, can I? :D

pandora
16th January 2019, 03:18 PM
Not me either Tim :)

If science and technology ever invent an invisible mode for use in reality it could have a multitude of uses and advantages *yes

Darkroom

I know just where you're coming from, you sleaze ... me too! :D

Phill D
16th January 2019, 04:28 PM
Yes you can John *yes *yes

OM USer
16th January 2019, 05:20 PM
Not me, although I often get the feeling that I am sometimes.

Gate Keeper
16th January 2019, 06:11 PM

Really? I have always felt chuffed when you place a “like” to one of my bird photos. Just giving you positive feedback.

On another site, members pay an extra premium for a higher status which allows them to go into invisible mode. What I find irritating is when my profile on the site has it logged, as being visited by an “invisible user”, the motive I am guessing is a wind up.

Zuiko
16th January 2019, 08:39 PM

Who said that? :D

shotokan101
17th January 2019, 01:05 AM
:confused: Who Said That? *shh *eyebrows *devil

OM USer
17th January 2019, 01:25 PM
Really? I have always felt chuffed when you place a “like” to one of my bird photos. Just giving you positive feedback.....

Thank you Phil. I was referring to life more generally though. The people on this forum are very nice and forgiving....

Who said that?
Who Said That?

... if you can take the humour.