PDA

View Full Version : All-Butter?

Harold Gough
27th December 2018, 10:26 AM
There is a scam in the supermarkets. We found at least the Coop and Tesco are selling "all butter" pastry products such as mince pies which the ingredients lists show contain Palm Oil.

We are doing our best to avoid products which contain palm Oil, as it is grown at great environmental cost by destroying rare and endangered ecosystems.

Harold

Internaut
27th December 2018, 11:31 AM
If you want guaranteed palm oil free food, your best bet is to shop at Iceland.

Harold Gough
27th December 2018, 12:26 PM
If you want guaranteed palm oil free food, your best bet is to shop at Iceland.

So my wife discovered this week!

Pity about the whale oil! :D

Harold

TimP
27th December 2018, 01:32 PM
Pity about the whale oil! :D

Seriously? Whale oil in food products? Which ones?

Walti
27th December 2018, 02:02 PM
There is a scam in the supermarkets. We found at least the Coop and Tesco are selling "all butter" pastry products such as mince pies which the ingredients lists show contain Palm Oil.

We are doing our best to avoid products which contain palm Oil, as it is grown at great environmental cost by destroying rare and endangered ecosystems.

Harold

I was looking at Peanut Butter in the supermarket and was shocked to see that the “green/environmentally friendly” product had palm oil in whereas Sunpat was 100% peanut product.

Harold Gough
27th December 2018, 02:25 PM
Seriously? Whale oil in food products? Which ones?

No. Iceland (company) is nothing to do with the Country and has been sued by the country for using the name.

Whale oil was used much as paraffin. The most edible use was in margarine.

Harold

TimP
27th December 2018, 03:10 PM
I think Iceland (country) should start to move away from whaling, the younger people aren’t fans. Stupid tourists seem to want to buy it (meat) though, I hope each and every one of them choke on it.
Japan is a huge problem and as for the savages on the Faroe Islands, they should burn in Hell for what they do to the pilot whales.