PDA

View Full Version : Olympic gear from Warehouse Express

DanH56
25th March 2009, 07:04 PM
Hi Folks,

I don't know if this is a real issue, or just me being suspicious, but I'll tell you anyway! My family have got wind of my growing interest in photography and have bought me a nice new E520 with a 14-42mm lens from Warehouse Express. It arrived today and when I opened the box it was minus the battery and without a lens cap. I didn't think too much of that until I looked at the side of the box, which told me it was a display unit from John Lewis in Oxford Street! Should I be concerned at Warehouse Express sourcing, or is this kind of thing fairly usual? They were fine over the 'phone and agreed to send a new battery and cap or arrange for a kit replacement on Friday. They are going to call back if they want to swap the whole thing apparently.

Dan

JackBenedict
25th March 2009, 07:11 PM
If your family paid the full price I would certainly go for the new replacement. Don't for a moment accept display models.

It will be worth the wait !

Kiwi Paul
25th March 2009, 07:25 PM
It does seem odd, I'd want a new unopened kit if it was me.

Paul

Invicta
25th March 2009, 08:18 PM
That sounds really bad business practice.

Definitely worth insisting on a new, replacement camera. I would even suggest asking them to compensate for your inconvenience and include an Olympus lens cloth for free.

Kiwi Paul
25th March 2009, 08:49 PM
Geeez a free "Olympus" lens cloth, thats pushing it ;)

MarkVarley
25th March 2009, 09:33 PM
Geeez a free "Olympus" lens cloth, thats pushing it ;)

Man knows how to haggle ;)

Graham_of_Rainham
25th March 2009, 09:43 PM
If your family bought it as a new item then the sale of goods act applies in full. You need to speak to a manager (get the name) and tell them to send you a brand new replacement and the cost of the return SD postage.

I've bought from them and have never had any problem such as this. I'm sure it's a simple error on their part, but very frustrating for you. I doubt that they have Olympus lens cloths, but they could compensate you by including a Protector/UV Filter.

Let us know how this ends.

*chr

DanH56
25th March 2009, 09:45 PM
Thanks for the responses everyone, I'll let you know how I get on. After reading what you said I will be insisting on a new replacement, just a question of how compliant they are really. Who would have thought getting a new toy could be such hassle?

DanH56
27th March 2009, 04:36 PM
Update as promised. Warehouse Express were as good as their word and delivered a new E520 kit today - battery charging as I type. They were also very helpful over the telephone and got back to me to confirm delivery exactly as they promised. So maybe I am just an overly suspicious bugger after all!

Nick Temple-Fry
27th March 2009, 04:51 PM
Glad it seems to have worked out OK.

Warehouse Express have always struck me as a good retailer (though they did have some reported problems getting E-3 bodies just after launch), prompt and usually competively priced.

I ordered some kit from them this Wednesday afternoon - it arrived, well packaged, at 07:35 on Thursday.

Nick

Ian
27th March 2009, 04:52 PM
Update as promised. Warehouse Express were as good as their word and delivered a new E520 kit today - battery charging as I type. They were also very helpful over the telephone and got back to me to confirm delivery exactly as they promised. So maybe I am just an overly suspicious bugger after all!

I reckon you were the victim of a clerical error. I'm relieved to hear that it has all been sorted!

Ian