PDA

View Full Version : 100 Word Story

Jim Ford
13th December 2018, 10:44 PM
To lighten the mood up in The Lounge, how about writing a story of exactly 100 words?

I was asked to do it some years ago and it was quite fun. Here's one of my contributions:

The miner lay trapped in the small void left following the tunnel’s collapse. In the coal seam above him, he observed in the light of the candle, the perfect fossil of a huge dragonfly. The candle flame flickered, causing a thousand twinkling lights to be reflected from the coal, so that it seemed that the dragonfly was alive and flying in a starlit sky.
A sifting of dust signalled the imminent total collapse of the chamber, and at the final instant he threw his arms wide, so that he too would be flying with the dragonfly in that eternal night.

Jim

Jax
13th December 2018, 10:56 PM
To lighten the mood up in The Lounge, how about writing a story of exactly 100 words?

I was asked to do it some years ago and it was quite fun. Here's one of my contributions:

The miner lay trapped in the small void left following the tunnel’s collapse. In the coal seam above him, he observed in the light of the candle, the perfect fossil of a huge dragonfly. The candle flame flickered, causing a thousand twinkling lights to be reflected from the coal, so that it seemed that the dragonfly was alive and flying in a starlit sky.
A sifting of dust signalled the imminent total collapse of the chamber, and at the final instant he threw his arms wide, so that he too would be flying with the dragonfly in that eternal night.

Jim

That's very good. There's obviously more to your varied talents than meets the eye *chr

Interesting suggestion for a Lounge thread too !

Jax

Jax
14th December 2018, 12:04 AM
OK. My 2 penneth:

The cavalary soldiers gathered around the smoking camp fires. Sparks dissipating into the cold dark Montana air. Some in silent thought of loved ones at home, Some grabbing a much needed few minutes sleep, others making nervous conversation with comrades. The sound of the distant river could be faintly heard as it’s waters rushed and tumbled though the night. Tethered horses hooves pawing restlessly against the hard rocky ground.

Soon the first hint of another day would appear with a glimmer of dawn light on the black horizon. The date is June 25, 1876. The river, The Little Big Horn.

Jax

pandora
14th December 2018, 02:44 AM
To lighten the mood up in The Lounge, how about writing a story of exactly 100 words? ... Here's one of my contributions: Jim Hey Jim, you think a story about being entombed in a mine, hundreds of feet underground is mood cheering? *erm Gimme back Brexit! *chr

TimP
14th December 2018, 08:20 AM
Hey Jim, you think a story about being entombed in a mine, hundreds of feet underground is mood cheering? *erm Gimme back Brexit! *chr

You’ve got a point!

Phill D
14th December 2018, 08:45 AM
Impressive stories guys but a 100 word cheerful Brexit story now that is a challenge!!!

Jim Ford
14th December 2018, 09:51 AM
Impressive stories guys but a 100 word cheerful Brexit story now that is a challenge!!!

OK, but I'm not particularly pleased with it:

Theresa May fixed each one in turn of the assembled E.U. leaders with an icy stare and whispered the magic words under her breath. One by one they lowered their gaze and raised their hand in assent. It was her final moment of triumph!

The previous day while walking in her local woods, she had met a strange old woman who said to her “You seem troubled my dear”. After she poured out her Brexit woes to the old woman, the old woman whispered in her ear “Just say these magic words to yourself three times ‘Be Strong and Stable’”

Jim

Jim Ford
14th December 2018, 01:14 PM
OK. My 2 penneth:

The cavalary soldiers gathered around the smoking camp fires. Sparks dissipating into the cold dark Montana air. Some in silent thought of loved ones at home, Some grabbing a much needed few minutes sleep, others making nervous conversation with comrades. The sound of the distant river could be faintly heard as it’s waters rushed and tumbled though the night. Tethered horses hooves pawing restlessly against the hard rocky ground.

Soon the first hint of another day would appear with a glimmer of dawn light on the black horizon. The date is June 25, 1876. The river, The Little Big Horn.

I like it!

Strangely, I have a link to Sitting Bull who was at, but didn't lead the Battle of Little Big Horn - I've smoked his pipe!

In the 80's the keeper of the pipe at the time - a Dr Jim Gillihan - was invited to a local family that I knew. One day I received a 'phone call from his host, asking if I would like to attend a 'pipe ceremony', which I accepted and took part in.

I've never been able to make up my mind about Jim Gillihan. He was a highly educated man, but believed in what I class as 'mumbo-jumbo'. He'd even taken part in a 'vision quest', in which he had sat on high ground for days and nights without food or shelter, until 'something' spoke to him. In his case the something was a small stone which he kept in a pouch round his neck and which he claimed protected him.

The link below is interesting - particularly the 'cancer cure' part (which he'd related to me).

https://www.fold3.com/page/710-dr-james-gillihan

Jim

Phill D
14th December 2018, 01:42 PM
That's quite a fairy story Jim! :)

pandora
14th December 2018, 11:55 PM
The Bell banked steeply affording us a breathtaking view of the city lights a few hundred feet below. Luna Park, the Sydney Harbour Bridge, the floodlit sails of the Sydney Opera House. And out of Circular Quay a stream of ferries etched their wakes on the harbor between Manly, Mosman, and Taronga Park. Obviously, we were heading southeast towards the heads.

Natalie adjusted the rotor's pitch as we began descending towards the finger of a high bluff that pointed into the Pacific. Above it, the glittering pendant of the Southern Cross was suspended in the clear night sky. A minute later we were circling an austere sandstone mansion that stood above the cliffs as a sentinel faces the sea. (cont. #11)

pandora
15th December 2018, 12:08 AM
Natalie touched down softly beside two other parked helicopters, some fifty yards from the house on a large lawn that from above we could see was just a small part of its grounds. The rotors flickered to a stop, then opening the hatch Natalie sprang to the lawn as nimbly as a cat. Removing her helmet she shook her hair free with a toss of her head, "Welcome to Oceanview folks," she said, as we all climbed out and stretched our legs. "And now, if you are all hot to trot, let's go party shall we!", she grinned. #

Jim Ford
15th December 2018, 09:52 AM
Good story Mark, but I counted 119 words in the first one and 98 in the second.

They have to be exactly 100 words - like this one:

The scientist, his brilliant mind twisted by misfortune, entered the empty control room of the Large Hadron Collider. The machine was operating, but at insufficient power for his purpose. He broke the seal and operated the override to deliver more power - enough to supply a city.
The beam hissed and crackled, and the room writhed and twisted as the very fabric of space-time itself became distorted by the power. And then he saw it - barely visible at first, but growing rapidly. “Let there be Dark!" he screamed insanely, before finally being engulfed by the ever expanding black hole.

Jim

Bikie John
15th December 2018, 10:02 AM
Off-topic I know, but I rather like one that is, possibly apocryphally, attributed to Ernest Hemingway. In some sort sort of competition or bet to write a story in 6 words, he is alleged to have written

"For sale: baby shoes. Never worn."

John

pandora
15th December 2018, 10:15 AM

They have to be exactly 100 words - like this one:. Jim
Sorry Jim, should have taken the assignment literally. So mine"s disqualified.

pandora
15th December 2018, 10:15 AM

They have to be exactly 100 words - like this one:. Jim
Sorry Jim, should have taken the assignment literally. So mine are disqualified.

Jax
15th December 2018, 10:18 PM
Sorry Jim, should have taken the assignment literally. So mine are disqualified.

Damn ! Natalie seemed quite promising :D

Jax

pandora
16th December 2018, 02:14 AM
Damn ! Natalie seemed quite promising :DJax
Yes, very promising, but ran out of words to finish the story. Crazy assignment.
How frustrated Mozart must have felt when Emperor Franz Joseph declared that his score had too many notes, "Just cut a few and it will be perfect".
Mozart queried, " Which few did you have in mind, Majesty?" :D

Jim Ford
18th December 2018, 01:37 PM
Yes, very promising, but ran out of words to finish the story. Crazy assignment.

The trick is to add or subtract adjectives and adverbs to 'fine tune' the story length!

Jim

Steveee
18th December 2018, 04:16 PM
Almost a true story:

We sat silently, rocking as the train came to a halt. We kept our eyes down, avoiding contact. We were just waiting to get home.

“Nah mannah nah mah namah. Mah mah nah mah mahnah manah” came the unintelligible announcement. Everyone looked up, sheepishly.

I looked up at the faces around me. Feeling bold, I said “The train is on fire. Please leave by the nearest exit”. There were a couple of short laughs, but people’s heads went down quickly: “look away from the idiot”.

I was embarrassed. But I had the last laugh: I was wearing my fire-retardant underwear.

Jim Ford
18th December 2018, 04:29 PM
“Nah mannah nah mah namah. Mah mah nah mah mahnah manah”

It's a cunning ploy but cheating to pad the story out with gibberish in order to meet the target! *yes

Jim

Steveee
18th December 2018, 04:36 PM
But...but...that was what happened! And, if you look at the syllable count/structure, it matches the words "The train is on fire..." so I think it's valid.

It works much better than:
'We sat silently, rocking as the train came to a halt. We kept our eyes down, avoiding contact. We were just waiting to get home.

The Tannoy barked, moaned and crackled with what sounded like yet another important, unintelligible announcement. Everyone looked up, sheepishly.

I looked up at the faces around me. Feeling bold, I said “The train is on fire. Please leave by the nearest exit”. There were a couple of short laughs, but people’s heads went down quickly: “look away from the idiot'.

I was embarrassed. But I had the last laugh: I was wearingmy fire-retardant underwear."

(just to show it wasn't a ploy!)

:D

Jim Ford
18th December 2018, 04:51 PM
OK - I'll allow you that 'Steveee' (and overlook the missing space between "wearing" and "my"! ;) )

(I thought that the thread had died - thanks for resurrecting it.)

Jim

Steveee
18th December 2018, 04:59 PM
Every time I copied and pasted from a Word doc it stuck some words together in every para, and I had to go through and add appropriate spaces. Any ideas how I can stop that?

(And I like this thread!)

Steve

Naughty Nigel
18th December 2018, 05:22 PM
Every time I copied and pasted from a Word doc it stuck some words together in every para, and I had to go through and add appropriate spaces. Any ideas how I can stop that?

(And I like this thread!)

Steve

In 100 words? :)

I can paste from Word without any problem, but you need extra paragraph returns to separate paragraph blocks from each other.

Jim Ford
18th December 2018, 05:22 PM

I'm not sure - I don't use Word. Maybe a plain text editor like Notepad would be better.

Jim

Darkroom
18th December 2018, 07:52 PM
Try Libra Office. *yes

Darkroom

Jim Ford
18th December 2018, 10:31 PM
Try Libra Office. *yes

I often use Libre Write.

My very, very favourite text editor though is Emacs. If I was only allowed to use one program, Emacs would be it!

Jim

Jim Ford
29th December 2018, 09:25 PM
I'm disappointed that this thread hasn't taken off in the way I had hoped - I thought that photographers were supposed to be creative and imaginative folk! ;)

In a last attempt to 'jumpstart' it, here's another offering:

The Archaeologist's spade hit something solid. After an hour's hard work he finally had it exposed - gold, silver, precious stones. There was no doubt about it - King John's Treasure lay before him.
Another mystery solved, to be neatly catalogued, labelled and placed on display. He stood there thinking: "In this age of scientific certainties, there are too few romantic tales to dream about by the fireside". He looked around. There was no-one to be seen in the Flat Fenland landscape.
Carefully, so as to leave no trace of his work, he re-buried his find and slowly walked away.

Jim

pandora
29th December 2018, 09:36 PM
IMO it may have done better had it been more about story telling rather than an arbitary number of words.

Jim Ford
29th December 2018, 09:51 PM
IMO it may have done better had it been more about story telling rather than an arbitary number of words.

What - write a novel? ;)

No, the whole point is to write a 'proper' story of exactly 100 words.

Jim

wornish
29th December 2018, 10:02 PM
I somehow doubt you be able to read this as I have a feeling I am on your ignore list ?
Someone may give you a heads up.

Good luck Jim with your thread and I wish you a happy New Year*chr

Jim Ford
29th December 2018, 10:17 PM
I somehow doubt you be able to read this as I have a feeling I am on your ignore list ?
Someone may give you a heads up.

Good luck Jim with your thread and I wish you a happy New Year*chr

No Dave - you're not on my ignore list. :)

Happy New Year to you too!

Naughty Nigel
29th December 2018, 10:48 PM
Natalie touched down softly beside two other parked helicopters, some fifty yards from the house on a large lawn that from above we could see was just a small part of its grounds. The rotors flickered to a stop, then opening the hatch Natalie sprang to the lawn as nimbly as a cat. Removing her helmet she shook her hair free with a toss of her head, "Welcome to Oceanview folks," she said, as we all climbed out and stretched our legs. "And now, if you are all hot to trot, let's go party shall we!", she grinned. #

Can we have a 500 word story about Natalie? I was quite getting into that. :D

Jim Ford
29th December 2018, 11:03 PM

Nope - I started this thread, so I get to make the rules! ;)

Start a new thread if you want 500 word stories. *yes

Jim

MJ224
30th December 2018, 07:54 AM
An extract from my sailing pages...……….

We visited a SuperU daily to buy fresh food and wine. The smells, the different foods, the fish, wines, vegetables and fruits all seemed so exotic compared to our village Coop. Paying in Euros hid the fact that it was not cheap to buy good food. One day the SuperU decided that it would stop giving away the ubiquitous plastic bag. On that first day they gave away 'A Bag for Life'. I still use the bag today. Being a French bag, it has tabs inside to keep four bottles of wine upright.
Now that is my sort of bag!

Gate Keeper
30th December 2018, 09:15 AM
What - write a novel? ;)

No, the whole point is to write a 'proper' story of exactly 100 words.

Jim

It’s hardly Readers Digest stuff, but it’s a true story approx 100 words:

A disastrous Christmas for some. I spent the week confined to a tent on safari laid up with man flu! Fellow campers kept away. Another camper came down with Cellulitis and another, a farmer in Scotland was due to join us. Sadly he was involved in a duck shooting accident last weekend. He had walked beyond the duck line. Two of his mates instead of shooting above head level, both let rip their shotguns at the same time. His eyes took the full blast. Straight to a hospital where surgeons managed dig out pellets from inside both eyes. Another camper had the runs from pigging out on the sausages.

Jim Ford
30th December 2018, 09:16 AM
Excellent - I really like that! The red text at the end is a nice touch as well.

As a reward, here's 4 bottles of virtual wine to put in the bag! *party

Jim

Jim Ford
30th December 2018, 09:23 AM
It’s hardly Readers Digest stuff, but it’s a true story approx 100 words:

A disastrous Christmas for some. I spent the week confined to a tent on safari laid up with man flu! Fellow campers kept away. Another camper came down with Cellulitis and another, a farmer in Scotland was due to join us. Sadly he was involved in a duck shooting accident last weekend. He had walked beyond the duck line. Two of his mates instead of shooting above head level, both let rip their shotguns at the same time. His eyes took the full blast. Straight to a hospital where surgeons managed dig out pellets from inside both eyes. Another camper had the runs from pigging out on the sausages.

DISQUALIFIED - it has to be exactly 100 words! ;)

(It can easily be pared down to meet the requirement though.)

Jim

Gate Keeper
30th December 2018, 09:42 AM
DISQUALIFIED - it has to be exactly 100 words! ;)

(It can easily be pared down to meet the requirement though.)

Jim

It could take weeks as I am in a dead zone where internet signal is patchy and today is rough or is it ruff or wuff ;) .....on second thoughts put me on the naughty chair with 100 lines “what did Donald Trump do when he pulled a cracker? He paid her off”

Seriously - have fun sir! *chr

Jim Ford
30th December 2018, 10:19 AM
“what did Donald Trump do when he pulled a cracker? He paid her off”

That's a good one - topical too!

Jim

MJ224
30th December 2018, 10:30 AM
Excellent - I really like that! The red text at the end is a nice touch as well.

As a reward, here's 4 bottles of virtual wine to put in the bag! *party

Jim

Virtual Hic...………..*chr

MJ224
30th December 2018, 10:56 AM
Another sail tale...……….

Holidaying in Cameret-sur-mer marina on board yacht Triton brings several challenges. Ablutions are one them. The showers need paying for them. We have a disjointed conversation with the young capitinerie. He shows us a two Euro piece.
We amble to the shower rooms. I choose a shower cubicle, undress, and then try to get the two Euro piece into the slot. It doesn't fit! Words go through my head, and they are not French. I dress, and seek help. Help is at hand, a kind French gent shows me where the two Euro piece goes!

The token machine of course.

Jim Ford
30th December 2018, 11:04 AM
Excellent - you've got the knack! Have a virtual top-up! *chr

Jim

MJ224
30th December 2018, 12:24 PM
Excellent - you've got the knack! Have a virtual top-up! *chr

Jim

Cheers...…………...*chr

pandora
30th December 2018, 09:25 PM
What - write a novel? ;) No, the whole point is to write a 'proper' story of exactly 100 words. Jim
As author of the thread setting the rules was of course your prerogative.
A few words over (or under) hardly makes it a novel; "approximately" 100 words may have attracted greater support.

Not here you can't …! :D

pandora
30th December 2018, 11:44 PM
You could become over excited and suffer a coronary conclusion :D

Jim Ford
31st December 2018, 09:50 AM
Whenever I hear the name 'Natalie' mentioned I think of the 'Bob and Ray' character 'Natalie Attired'!

(If you've never heard of Bob and Ray, youv'e missed a lot!)

Jim

Jim Ford
31st December 2018, 09:53 AM
As author of the thread setting the rules was of course your prerogative.
A few words over (or under) hardly makes it a novel; "approximately" 100 words may have attracted greater support.

But Mark, it's the whole point of the exercise to constrain the story to exactly 100 words - no more no less! It's not a 100 word story if it's 99, 101 or 120 words!

Jim

wornish
31st December 2018, 11:19 AM
23rd June 2016: Decisions decisions. I really don’t know what to do. Government sent me a pamphlet saying how bad it will be if we leave. Leavers say it will be great don’t worry. Who to believe. Feels like all the experts on television want us to remain. Do I trust them? As we drive to the polling station we don’t talk; surprised at how many people are there waiting in turn to vote. Everyone seems serious no chatter. Got the voting slip so all ready. Enter the booth and put my X in the box. Proud to be British

Jim Ford
31st December 2018, 12:22 PM
I like the topicality Dave, but I counted in Libre Writer 101 words (which can be easily fixed). So a commendation, but no cigar! ;)

Jim

wornish
31st December 2018, 12:32 PM
I like the topicality Dave, but I counted in Libre Writer 101 words (which can be easily fixed). So a commendation, but no cigar! ;)

Jim

It shows as 100 words using Pages on my Mac - strange.

Keith-369
31st December 2018, 01:05 PM
It shows as 100 words using Pages on my Mac - strange.

Shows as 101 words in MS Word

wornish
31st December 2018, 01:35 PM
I appeal Mr Umpire. I think your word processor might be counting a colon as a word. :confused:

(1)23rd (2)June (3)2016 : (4)Decisions (5)decisions. (6)I (7)really (8)don’t (9)know (10)what (11)to (12)do. (13)Government (14)sent (15)me (16)a (17)pamphlet (18)saying (19)how (20)bad (21)it (22)will (23)be (24)if (25)we (26)leave. (27)Leavers (28)say (29)it (30)will (31)be (32)great (33)don’t (34)worry. (35)Who (36)to (37)believe. (38)Feels (39)like (40)all (41)the (42)experts (43)on (44)television (45)want (46)us (47)to (48)remain. (49)Do (50)I (51)trust (52)them? (53)As (54)we (55)drive (56)to (57)the (58)polling (59)station (60)we (61)don’t (62)talk; (63)surprised (64)at (65)how (66)many (67)people (68)are (69)there (70)waiting (71)in (72)turn (73)to (74)vote. (75)Everyone (76)seems (77)serious (78)no (79)chatter. (80)Got (81)the (82)voting (83)slip (84)so (85)all (86)ready. (87)Enter (88)the (89)booth (90)and (91)put (92)my (93)X (94)in (95)the (96)box. (97}Proud (98)to (99)be (100)British

DerekW
31st December 2018, 02:26 PM
Yes it is the colon that is giving the spurious word count in MS Word.

I get a regular feed of 100 word stories from The BookHippo Crew, they are a paperless publisher promoting books that are only available for Kindle reading.

See
BookHippo.UK
for more details

Jim Ford
31st December 2018, 02:29 PM
'The Umpire' is the Unix/Linux command line utility wc, which says 101 words!

Removing the space before the first colon (but leaving the colon) reduces it to 100 words - so the stand alone colon is counted as a word.

As it's a First Offence, I'll give it to you Dave! ;)

Jim

Jim Ford
31st December 2018, 02:32 PM
I get a regular feed of 100 word stories from The BookHippo Crew, they are a paperless publisher promoting books that are only available for Kindle reading.

That's interesting Derek - I've never heard of 'BookHippo'. I'll have to check.

Jim

pandora
31st December 2018, 07:33 PM
Whenever I hear the name 'Natalie' mentioned I think of the 'Bob and Ray' character 'Natalie Attired'!
(If you've never heard of Bob and Ray, youv'e missed a lot!) Jim
I had to google them, Jim as their show has never been broadcast here. Unfortunately, on my machine Win10 has no audio on YouTube.

MJ224
1st January 2019, 12:06 PM
With Christmas holidays coming to an end, we were invited to a friends family do. The lady of the house brother’s family were also present. To my delight, the brother was interested in cars and motorbikes. Even better, his wife was a photographer and owned an Olympus camera. Their 25 year old daughter was also a photographer with drone and video interests. This family had brought their dog called Nigel. The discussion inevitably included enquiries about the dog's breeding. We were told it was half poodle and half Shih tzu.

I just could not resist asking which end was which......

Jim Ford
1st January 2019, 01:56 PM
Another good one!

I wondered if the two ellipses at the end would count as words, but they don't

Jim

Jim Ford
1st January 2019, 01:57 PM
How about a scary one?

How long had he been asleep - an hour, a year? There was no way of knowing. The darkness pressed in on him as a physical presence. Who was he – why was he here? Where was he? Eventually a spark of remembrance grew, small at first, but growing until it filled and dominated his entire being - until finally he knew why he was there and knew the mission he must accomplish.
With a shriek of anguished rage, the skeleton burst from its secret grave hidden deep in the wood, and strode forth to wreak vengeance on its murderer.

Jim

Naughty Nigel
3rd January 2019, 11:54 AM
Sisters Ann Ode and Cath Ode didn’t get on at all. They were two opposites so it was no surprise that things got heated when Ann and Cath bumped into each other at the Bus Bar. In fact Cath Ode was solenoid that she was glowing red, and hot ions were flying about everywhere. Their mother Di Ode stepped in to rectify things, screening them from others in the bar. She soon brought them down to earth and discharged the situation. Ann and Cath have now gone off grid so we can expect a quiescent period until they touch again.

Jax
3rd January 2019, 12:03 PM
Sisters Ann Ode and Cath Ode didn’t get on at all. They were two opposites so it was no surprise that things got heated when Ann and Cath bumped into each other at the Bus Bar. In fact Cath Ode was solenoid that she was glowing red, and hot ions were flying about everywhere. Their mother Di Ode stepped in to rectify things, screening them from others in the bar. She soon brought them down to earth and discharged the situation. Ann and Cath have now gone off grid so we can expect a quiescent period until they touch again.

Nice and clever one Nigel and exactly 100 words *chr

Just a shame one of the 2 sisters wasn't called Natalie but that would have ruined it ! :D

Jax

Naughty Nigel
3rd January 2019, 12:23 PM
Nice and clever one Nigel and exactly 100 words *chr

Just a shame one of the 2 sisters wasn't called Natalie but that would have ruined it ! :D

Jax

There was another sister called Zena Diode but I couldn't fit her in. ;)

Jim Ford
3rd January 2019, 03:13 PM
Excellent Nigel - well worth waiting for!

Jim

OM USer
4th January 2019, 05:59 PM
There was another sister called Zena Diode but I couldn't fit her in.

This is a camera forum. What about Photo Diode?

Jim Ford
4th January 2019, 06:36 PM
This is a camera forum. What about Photo Diode?

Or Miss Selenium Cell?

Jim

Naughty Nigel
4th January 2019, 08:54 PM
Or Miss Selenium Cell?

Jim

Ahh well there is a twist: Schottky Diode came and finished them all off. :D

Jax
5th January 2019, 11:31 AM
2 very beautiful sisters, Carbonna and Arcadia Electrode found it hard to make enough money from their daily employment so decided to make extra money by selling their favours on the street. They sorted out what to wear and which streets they were going to work. After their first night the 2 girls returned home to compare earnings. Carbonna had earned £200. Arcadia had only earned £41.50

Amazed at her sisters low earnings Carbonna enquired where the odd amount of £1.50 came from. Arcadia replied " All of them "

"Ha, you never were a very bright spark" said Carbonna.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The old ones are still the best !

Jax

OM USer
5th January 2019, 09:05 PM
... Arcadia had only earned £41.50...Carbonna enquired where the odd amount of £1.50 came from. Arcadia replied " All of them "

All 27 and 2/3rds of them!

Jax
5th January 2019, 09:20 PM
All 27 and 2/3rds of them!

Maths never was my strong point :)

or story writing.

Jax

DerekW
7th January 2019, 09:38 AM
To help you get inspired here is a collection of 100 word stories

https://bookhippo.uk/drabbles/?table=esteemed
Enjoy

Darkroom
7th January 2019, 09:49 AM
To help you get inspired here is a collection of 100 word stories

https://bookhippo.uk/drabbles/?table=esteemed
Enjoy

I thought the whole idea of the thread was to use your imagination and create your own 100 word story. As this is the second time you've mentioned Bookhippo maybe I'm wrong :confused:

Darkroom

DerekW
7th January 2019, 09:54 AM
A little bit of inspiration does no harm, following your priniciple we should not show any pictures on this site.

Jim Ford
7th January 2019, 04:30 PM
Your 'ignore list' is your friend, Derek!

Jim