PDA

View Full Version : Camera/laptop combo bag

SkinHead
25th March 2009, 10:10 AM
hi everyone!
i am looking for a bag that can fit my 13" Mac and my camera(just the body-e510 and 1 all around lens). I am aware there are bags which are designed for these but i would really just want to bring the least amount of weight, esp when commuting to and from work.
has anyone got any ideas which brand/model i should get?
Thanks

emirpprime
25th March 2009, 11:35 AM
One thing that might get you more detailed replies, is do you have a preference which style of bag?
Backpack? Messenger? Shoulder? Briefcase? Convertible? Hardcase?

I personally love crumpler bags, they are not obviously camera/laptop bags and are very hard wearing. One of the deeper messenger bags would easily take a laptop and camera with one lens.
I also use my Oly backpack a lot, as when I am carrying laptop and a whole selection of lenses or just doing a lot of walking, the backpack is the most comfortable way to carry it.

All the best,
Phil

StephenL
25th March 2009, 12:17 PM
Have a look at the Billingham Hadley range. You can usually get a thinnish laptop between the back padding and the outer canvas. Not the cheapest, but they last forever.

Andrew Riddell
25th March 2009, 01:15 PM
You might also look at the ThinkTank Urban Disguise range. The UD 50 & 60 hold laptops, and you can use them as a briefcase, with a shoulder strap or as a backpack (with an optional shoulder harness). They might be a bit bigger than you want, but they'll hold your sandwiches and a book as well! They're very well made.

Andrew

SkinHead
25th March 2009, 08:04 PM
Thank you for all your suggestions guys, uv been a lot of help!

MarkVarley
25th March 2009, 09:41 PM
we use mostly Tamrac bags, had some of them years and zero signs of damage (and they have a hard life), the others we have, lowepro is one, are showing wear after a year or so.

I use a Tamrac Cyberpack 9 when moving my laptop and camera gear but thats not ideal in this instance.

We have Tamrac 'adventure' series packs for light-jobs as the camera fits in the bottom section leaving the top section for 'stuff', some in the series have laptop compartments.

only other one I'd recommend is M-rock, had a look at some at a tradeshow and they look very very well thought out and well made, a shame they don't yet make anything big enough for us.

breney
22nd April 2012, 09:58 AM
Does anybody have a tamrac expedition 5? Will it hold a 15inch laptop?

Barkly
23rd April 2012, 08:38 AM
There are many options indeed - including what I have which is the Fancier.