PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to my Nightmare (open thread)

pandora
21st November 2018, 09:46 PM
It's 2:30am, went to bed at 10:00pm, just awoke from a total nightmare. As you may know, I am a retired wedding photographer. I dreamt that I was photographing my own wedding. How that could be done in reality, I've no idea, but dreams often conjure and enact our own worst fears. Needless to say, everything on this occasion went horribly wrong.

The identity of my bride is unclear, there is a cute little hyperactive flower girl in a pretty pink party frock frollicking about, and a couple of bridesmaids in red satin gowns floating around. The bride is over an hour late, the flower girl is falling asleep and in no mood to be photographed. For the shoot I have my old Oly E-3 (dslr) that has lain idle for well over a year but I've forgotten to charge the battery. The bride is arriving, I am completely unprepared for the pre-ceremony shoot and hurriedly begin inserting a film into the dslr (in a dream anything's feasible). The E-3's film advance mechanism hesitates before sluggishly loading the 620 roll film into what seems to be a 35mm camera. Suddenly the film is jammed in the sprockets, it's slack and buckled, the paper backing is bulging and separated from the negative film, exposing the emulsion to light. In panic I slam the hinged back shut hoping that only the edges of the film will be fogged and that I'll be able to PhotoShop my way out of it. (good bloody luck, Mark!).

At that point I awoke in a sweat leaving my lucky dream bride at the altar, forsaken. Never as a pro (or as a groom for that matter) was I ever involved in such a debacle. Do you have such nightmares? Tell us about them ... *owl perhaps drmarkf (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/member.php?u=595) has some psycho savvy that can interpret our anxieties. *yes *chr

Phill D
21st November 2018, 10:48 PM
Nope definitely not telling :eek:

chris
21st November 2018, 11:06 PM
Very odd Mark!

I can never remember them.. apart from I used to have an occasional recurring dream, that I can only describe as a uneasy feeling of being infinitesimally small in a vast blackness..... it hasn't happened for years now though thankfully!

pandora
22nd November 2018, 08:03 AM
Nope definitely not telling :eek:
C'mon Phill, exorcise it! *shh *pnc :W)
Very odd Mark!
I can never remember them.. apart from I used to have an occasional recurring dream, that I can only describe as a uneasy feeling of being infinitesimally small in a vast blackness..... it hasn't happened for years now though thankfully!I'm actually not afraid of dreams, even bad ones. I have a recurring dream about missing a plane flight. It began in 2005 when I flew to the USA to shoot a wedding. I was in the departure lounge at Melbourne's Tullamarine airport. When the boarding call came it suddenly dawned on me that my bumbag containing boarding pass was not around my waist. About 10 minutes earlier I had left it hanging on a hook in the departure lounge toilet. It was still there when I returned, post haste. Quite regularly I have recurrent nightmares along similar lines. Quite frightening in the insentient state, but absorbing to ponder awake.

drmarkf
22nd November 2018, 01:10 PM
Ha!
I'm a retired microbiologist, so I can psychoanalyse your bacteria, but that's as far as I can go!