PDA

View Full Version : Problems Updating Firmware

padgreen
23rd March 2009, 12:08 PM
Hi

I'm having problems updating the firmware of my new 70-300 lens. I am using an E1 and my computer is a Apple PowerPC G5 running OS X 10.5.6. I am also using Olympus Studio 1.5 which came with the camera.

My problem is that I cannot get Studio to recognise my camera. I keep getting an error message saying "Unable to Detect a Camera which supports the Firmware Update. Check if the Camera is correctly connected to the PC."

I have tried using both USB and Firewire cables. I have followed the instructions. The instructions on the Olympus website for updating via Studio 1.5 say put the camera in Control Mode, then connect the cable and then select update firmware from the software. I get the error message above.

I'm aware of a another thread on firmware updates using Olympus Master. I have downloaded a copy and followed the instructions. When I try and select update camera it says "Unable to use this function on this Camera."

Anyone got any ideas?

Many thanks

Shaw
23rd March 2009, 01:13 PM
I had a similar problem with my E-1, but realised I had not clicked the 'OK' button after selecting 'control'

Stewart

padgreen
23rd March 2009, 01:20 PM
Doh! Thanks, it work's now.

Shaw
23rd March 2009, 01:23 PM
Glad to hear it!

Stewart