PDA

View Full Version : hello from somerset

BigD
3rd January 2008, 08:56 PM
hello people, i singed up a few days ago, but being a numpty i didnt spot the aol email problem :o so thanks to ian for sorting my acount out :D.

im dave from yeovil :rolleyes: as always il be the only one lol.

my current setup is a e500 evolt, which came with the twins lense kit, i also bought a om to 4.3rds adaptor and got an old Kiron / KINO 80-200mm f4.5 MACRO om mount to 4/3rd which tbh is ok lol.

ive not been into photography long, gave up in 2006 but realy trying to get back into it now :D.

any way il stop waffleing :D

cheers dave.

PeterD
3rd January 2008, 10:00 PM
Welcome Dave

My first DSLR, bought in 2006, was exactly as you (E500 + twin lens kit).
This camera is absolutely ideal and the lenses are excellant. I originally was a film SLR Buf and graduated onto compact digitals.

As I said above, the E500 allowed me to get used to DSLR photography. I have only upgraded because of the features offered by the E3 but I am keeping the E500.

I think you will like this site as the members are friendly and helpful.

Kind regards

PeterD

BigD
3rd January 2008, 10:04 PM
thanks for the welcome , i did have a panasonic fz5 about 3 years ago now which was my first camera, it was great but i only ever used auto :o, i thne upgraded to a 350d which i never used so sold on lol.

hopefully if its not to cold, im going to go out at the weekend to shoot some stuff, not sure what yet lol.

how weather proof are these slr's.

PeterD
3rd January 2008, 10:30 PM
thanks for the welcome , i did have a panasonic fz5 about 3 years ago now which was my first camera, it was great but i only ever used auto :o, i thne upgraded to a 350d which i never used so sold on lol.

hopefully if its not to cold, im going to go out at the weekend to shoot some stuff, not sure what yet lol.

how weather proof are these slr's.

Dave,

They are NOT spec'd as being weatherproof so I would recommend caution. I use a weatherproof camera bag with the E500 and keep it protected if caught out in the rain.

Don't forget to post some images in the gallery. Its a great opportunity to show off your pics and get some feedback. Look also at the forum and you will find an opportunity to show your image(s) and ask for friendly feedback.

Good shooting and, most of all, enjoy yourself.

PeterD

BigD
3rd January 2008, 10:35 PM
once again, thanks.

IL definately try and enjoy myself :D. I'm quite imaginative but find it hard to get the idea from my head to the camera :rolleyes:.

IL defiantly post some photos up, any critique is good as I'm keen to learn.

cheers dave.

theMusicMan
3rd January 2008, 10:39 PM
Welcome Dave, waffle as much as you like sir. You can always take a look at the very first challenge we are running on here, the thread all about it can be found here -> http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=462

Please feel free to enter...

BigD
3rd January 2008, 10:50 PM
and thanks to you for pointing me to ian for help :D

il try and submit an photo for the first challange, definatly a topic that needs a bit of thought :o .

cheers dave.

taxi
4th January 2008, 12:17 AM
Hello didn't we just meet some where else :)

BigD
4th January 2008, 12:21 AM
tp forums possibly :D im kinda like pammy lately just getting around :D

taxi
4th January 2008, 12:30 AM
tp forums possibly :D im kinda like pammy lately just getting around :D

Well the more forums you visit for advise the faster you will learn, so feel free to spread yourself around as much as possible.