PDA

View Full Version : White Toblerone

Harold Gough
29th September 2018, 06:49 AM
Although I quite like all flavours of Toblerone, I much prefer the white ones. Many years ago Tesco used to stock them in the Seasonal Aisle for Christmas.

When that stopped, I used to get half a dozen from the Duty Free on the way back from holiday. Due to various reasons we no longer go on such holidays.

Occasionally, multi-packs of miniature ones were in the shops but not the standard size.

They were/are available from online sellers as about 20 a go.

Yesterday, with little hope of success, I cruised down Tesco's Seasonal Aisle and couldn't believed what I saw. Not only was there a stack of them but at 1 off, the reduced price being 3.50. Half a dozen came home in my car! *chr

Harold

TimP
29th September 2018, 06:56 AM
Can’t honestly say I’ve had a Toblerone since all the fuss about changing the design, which I hear they’ve had to return to the original design due to public pressure. People were buying the big ones on the ferry back from France last week. No idea of the price though, much more interested in the gin on offer.

MJ224
29th September 2018, 07:33 AM
Sound good......but alas diabetic...:(

Naughty Nigel
30th September 2018, 08:15 PM
Sound good......but alas diabetic...:(

I just cannot eat chocolate. Gives me a bad head. :(

The very dark, bitter chocolate is usually OK but I don't risk it. There is no point in spoiling a day for a bit of chocolate.

OM USer
1st October 2018, 11:56 AM
I like the occassional toblerone but the price seems a bit high compared with the supreme cadbury's dairy milk.

CJJE
1st October 2018, 04:51 PM
I've recently discovered their fruit and nut version - after seeing some giant ones in the Channel Tunnel terminal in Calais this summer.

Then I also saw them at home for 3.50 for a few weeks. But last week in Tesco all versions were back up to 4.50 :(

Jim Ford
1st October 2018, 06:29 PM
Ever since the hostile takeover of Rowntree by Nestle I've scrupulously avoided all their products. I also try to avoid other Swiss products including Toblerone.

Rowntree was in a position to take over Nestle in the 80s, but Swiss law prohibits outside counties from buying their companies.

Jim

Naughty Nigel
2nd October 2018, 12:07 PM
Ever since the hostile takeover of Rowntree by Nestle I've scrupulously avoided all their products. I also try to avoid other Swiss products including Toblerone.

Rowntree was in a position to take over Nestle in the 80s, but Swiss law prohibits outside counties from buying their companies.

Jim

Switzerland is outside of the EU so they don't have to abide by EU rules.

Its a shame we have sold so many long-established UK businesses to overseas investors, but we just don't seem to have the balls to fund them ourselves. :(

TimP
2nd October 2018, 12:42 PM
I don’t think it’s about balls, it’s purely a greed thing, sell ‘em off, make a huge profit, walk away. Swiss have the right idea, stop foreign companies buying their companies.

Harold Gough
18th October 2018, 11:48 AM
Our local has them at 3.50 again today.

Harold

CJJE
18th October 2018, 01:14 PM
Same at Stafford Tesco!

Beagletorque
18th October 2018, 03:17 PM
https://www.marksandspencerfoodhall.co.uk/product/white-chocolate-mountain-bar--d6075e00-db1d-4cf8-b817-b5b52eeed571

A close second and available all year!