PDA

View Full Version : Optimist

Harold Gough
28th September 2018, 02:30 PM
Running for the bus is one thing but:

https://metro.co.uk/2018/09/27/passenger-ran-after-ryanair-plane-shouting-at-pilot-to-wait-for-him-7983566/

Personally, I would run away from Ryanair!:)

Harold

MJ224
28th September 2018, 02:37 PM
Must admit that I have run across the tarmac to catch an aeroplane. But its stairway was still in place...……..At Aberdan, Iran………..*chr*ohwell

OM USer
28th September 2018, 03:46 PM
Many years ago, flying back from communist Bulgaria, there were "issues" with allowing passengers onto the plane for it to depart (baggage had been loaded). Eventually we were informed that we had twenty minutes to board the plane or we (and the plane) would be stranded. There was a whole aircraft's worth of people running across the tarmac and up the steps.

Naughty Nigel
30th September 2018, 03:40 PM
I don't think I would ever be in that much of a hurry to board any Ryanair flight.

I have heard that some people give Ryanair gift vouchers for birthdays and Christmas. I really cannot think of anyone that I dislike enough to send on a Ryanair flight. *yes

MJ224
30th September 2018, 05:09 PM
Never flown Ryan Air, but their publicity is dire. Best avoided IMHO

Easyjet are also basic, but friendly and helpful. And you know what you are getting...Afterall, you are only on their jet for a couple of hours or so. Who needs pampering during that time. (me??)*chr

Naughty Nigel
30th September 2018, 08:09 PM
Never flown Ryan Air, but their publicity is dire. Best avoided IMHO

I think it was Michael O'Leary who described air passengers as 'self loading cargo', and little has changed since.

Ryanair staff like to herd passengers on and off of planes with electric cattle prods, and will occasionally kick passengers in the shins just to make sure they are being appreciated.

wornish
30th September 2018, 08:18 PM
I think it was Michael O'Leary who described air passengers as 'self loading cargo', and little has changed since.

Ryanair staff like to herd passengers on and off of planes with electric cattle prods, and will occasionally kick passengers in the shins just to make sure they are being appreciated.

"Self Loading Cargo" originated from the management of the nationalised British Rail many years ago when they ran our railways.
If Corbyn has his way we will all be back as SLC.

Naughty Nigel
30th September 2018, 08:23 PM
"Self Loading Cargo" originated from the management of the nationalised British Rail many years ago when they ran our railways.
If Corbyn has his way we will all be back as SLC.

Well that figures. :rolleyes:

I agree that our railways are too fragmented at present, but I do wonder if those hankering for renationalisation ever used the trains in the 1970's?

Furthermore, far more lines were closed under nationalisation than have even been closed under privatisation.

Otto
1st October 2018, 09:52 AM
Network Rail is already state-owned, and look at the mess it made of those timetable changes. And it operates the signalling system, the cause of the delay to Mr Corbyn's train the other day which was used by him as a reason for renationalisation!

Naughty Nigel
1st October 2018, 10:10 AM
Network Rail is already state-owned, and look at the mess it made of those timetable changes. And it operates the signalling system, the cause of the delay to Mr Corbyn's train the other day which was used by him as a reason for renationalisation!

The train that Mr Corbyn "couldn't find a seat on" was privatively run. It seems there were plenty of seats available but it just suited him to sit in the vestibule and make a political point of it.

Otto
1st October 2018, 10:23 AM
That was a different issue Nigel, I was referring to the problems around the Labour Party Conference recently:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45658993

Naughty Nigel
1st October 2018, 10:58 AM
That was a different issue Nigel, I was referring to the problems around the Labour Party Conference recently:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45658993

Yes I was aware of that; I was simply pointing out that Jeremy is keen to make political mileage out of any problem involving trains, even where no problem exists.

Indeed, if Jeremy has his way the trains will be even more ram packed, whilst he and his comrades are driven around in their Zill's. :)

Naughty Nigel
1st October 2018, 11:26 AM
Oddly enough I remember the Labour MP Austin Mitchell, a keen photographer, getting into trouble for taking photographs of delegates queuing to get into the Labour conference in Brighton.

Austin Mitchell saw it as a positive that so many people were queuing to get into the conference, but the party spin doctors were concerned that the queues could be interpreted as bad organisation.