PDA

View Full Version : Loo paper

MJ224
24th September 2018, 11:04 AM
http://www.e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/toilet_paper.jpg

Good point...………..*chr

Naughty Nigel
24th September 2018, 03:00 PM
Around two thirds of the world apparently. And if they did we wouldn't have any trees.

MJ224
24th September 2018, 03:07 PM
Nothing wrong with a finger and a can of water...……….*super

OM USer
24th September 2018, 03:44 PM
Left hand of course.

Zuiko
24th September 2018, 03:50 PM
Nothing wrong with a finger and a can of water...……….*super

I would really need a pressure washer! :o

Naughty Nigel
24th September 2018, 03:55 PM
Left hand of course.

In some cultures is it the custom only to eat with the right hand.

I would really need a pressure washer! :o

That is provided in many Asian countries, and is very good for 'putting out the fire' after too many Jalapenos. :D

Zuiko
24th September 2018, 07:31 PM
In some cultures is it the custom only to eat with the right hand.

That is provided in many Asian countries, and is very good for 'putting out the fire' after too many Jalapenos. :D

Is that what Johnny Cash was singing about on his hit record "Ring of Fire?" :D

Naughty Nigel
24th September 2018, 09:01 PM
Is that what Johnny Cash was singing about on his hit record "Ring of Fire?" :D

Could well have been! :D

TimP
25th September 2018, 07:31 AM
Dear lord, what have we descended into!

Same subject though... has anyone else noticed that loo rolls are getting narrower and even sometimes the cardboard tube is a bigger diameter. Same happening with kitchen roll too.

Zuiko
25th September 2018, 08:34 AM

Same subject though... has anyone else noticed that loo rolls are getting narrower and even sometimes the cardboard tube is a bigger diameter. Same happening with kitchen roll too.

Yes, I have noticed rolls getting narrower. It becomes apparent when you accidentally default to the finger and can of water technique! :eek:

Naughty Nigel
25th September 2018, 08:50 AM

This is known as cost reduction, sorry, 'value engineering' and goes on everywhere. The idea is to give the impression that you are getting more for your money when you are actually getting less. :(

TimP
25th September 2018, 11:40 AM
The idea is to give the impression that you are getting more for your money when you are actually getting less. :(

Well whoever was in charge of that bit of ‘value engineering’ needs sacking cos making them obviously smaller doesn’t make me think I’m doing better, quite the opposite in fact. You’re right though it is happening with everything, all in the search for a quick buck and the ever improving bottom line. Why can’t organisations be happy without a year on year improvement in that bottom line. They must realise they can’t go on for ever increasing profits, invariably the ones that try end up going bust it would seem. Still as long as the incumbent CEO gets his multi million payoff why should he care about the pro saps at the coal face.

Rawcoll
25th September 2018, 02:02 PM
the ever improving bottom line.

Well, that's what loo paper is for!

Actually, I've noticed some supermarkets sell loo rolls on a rather smaller diameter core. Makes sense, as they can pack more goods into the box/lorry etc.and reduce transport costs. I always check out the cost per 100 sheets, and refuse to buy the expensive stuff, however quilted!

Harold Gough
26th September 2018, 05:55 PM
Well, that's what loo paper is for!

So what is the puppy for?

Harold

TimP
26th September 2018, 06:01 PM
Run out of paper? Pick up the puppy, wipe!

Keith-369
26th September 2018, 07:30 PM
Run out of paper? Pick up the puppy, wipe!

Soft and warm too *yes :D :D :D

TimP
26th September 2018, 08:17 PM
and potentially self cleaning.

Rebecca
26th September 2018, 10:08 PM
Oh dear. Are all you all so bored you feel compelled to resort to Toilet Humour ?

I suppose with the average age of male members here being 70+ it's now become a topic of importance to most :D

Please don't forget, a real Gentleman should always aim to please, remember to flush, and close the lid too *yes

Rebecca

TimP
27th September 2018, 06:00 AM
Lid?

I don’t understand what you mean.

Kami
27th September 2018, 06:55 AM
"If it's yellow, let it mellow ..."

RobEW
27th September 2018, 06:57 AM

Same subject though... has anyone else noticed that ... sometimes the cardboard tube is a bigger diameter. Same happening with kitchen roll too.

I thought camera folk were happy to pay more for a wider aperture

TimP
27th September 2018, 07:55 AM
Perhaps, but I always liked to squeeze out (no pun intended, really) an extra couple of frames per roll, rather than buy just 12 instead of 36.

Harold Gough
27th September 2018, 08:15 AM
Please don't forget, a real Gentleman should always aim to please, remember to flush, and close the lid too *yes

But it's remembering the sequence...:D

Harold

Harold Gough
28th September 2018, 06:54 AM
https://uk.whogivesacrap.org/products/recycled-3ply-toilet-paper

Harold

TimP
28th September 2018, 06:59 AM
https://uk.whogivesacrap.org/products/recycled-3ply-toilet-paper

Harold

How do you find this stuff??

75p a roll? Not cheap.

Harold Gough
28th September 2018, 07:23 AM
How do you find this stuff??

75p a roll? Not cheap.

I heard about such a thing several years ago.

Maybe the original price has been recycled too?

Harold

Naughty Nigel
28th September 2018, 07:25 AM
Those of us who remember the discomfort of 'Izal Medicated' and 'Bronco' appreciate the softness of the modern stuff, even if it does coat a little more.

That stuff was more like tracing paper and I am sure will have caused blockages the pipework of the day. Whoever thought that was a good idea I wonder? Cut up newspaper was luxury by comparison. :eek:

MJ224
28th September 2018, 07:32 AM
Ding dong dell
Pussy's down the well
Now we've put the Izal down
Never mind the smell...……...*chr

Izal……...you've put me off my tea now.:(

Naughty Nigel
28th September 2018, 09:10 PM
On a loosely related subject, I am always pleased to see British exports when I travel abroad, although I sometimes wonder whether we ought to keep them to ourselves to avoid national embarrassment. :rolleyes:

James Dyson has had many bright ideas, but this contraption isn't one of them. A combined automatic water faucet and hand dryer looking a bit like an aircraft; the hand dryer starts without warning and showers you with the contents of the hand wash basin!

I now know why so many Italians were coming out of the bogs looking rather wet and shaking their heads.

Lets just hope Dyson doesn't go into the urinals business anytime soon as I really wouldn't want to hang around to try out the automatic drying function! :eek:

https://cdn.manomano.fr/hand-dryer-faucet-long-dyson-airblade-tap-ab10-P-703370-6855262_1.jpg

TimP
29th September 2018, 07:00 AM
He’s already in the same room as the urinals with his magic hand dryers, the ones that look like they are about to blow all the skin off your hands.

Harold Gough
29th September 2018, 07:39 AM
It seems that no hand driers are a good idea. A recent experiment in a hospital found that they spread infection by blowing the pathogens around in the room. Tissues are much safer.

Harold

Jim Ford
29th September 2018, 09:24 AM
Whenever I visit in hospital, I scrupulously follow the instructions on using the hand sanitisers. I always seem to be the only one doing so!

Jim

MJ224
29th September 2018, 11:28 AM
It seems that no hand driers are a good idea. A recent experiment in a hospital found that they spread infection by blowing the pathogens around in the room. Tissues are much safer.

Harold

Are your hands not clean at this stage? :confused:

Gate Keeper
29th September 2018, 01:07 PM

Harold

Spotted this safety notice...ha!

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c43/GateKeeper_/gate%20keeper/No%20warming%20permitted.jpeg (http://s24.photobucket.com/user/GateKeeper_/media/gate%20keeper/No%20warming%20permitted.jpeg.html)

MJ224
29th September 2018, 01:51 PM
Je**s, would never have thort of that one...………….:confused:

TimP
29th September 2018, 01:57 PM
Je**s, would never have thort of that one...………….:confused:

Agreed, but I can see a plan forming!

Keith-369
29th September 2018, 02:10 PM
Brings to mind the Dyson Ball Cleaner .... :eek: :eek: :D :D :D

pandora
4th October 2018, 02:16 PM
Wipe-n-Swipe paper-saving technique

1st pass: Remain seated, tear off two sheets, raise right buttock (if right handed), fold at perforation, reach behind, wipe slow and deep in a poop-scooping motion.

2nd pass: Rise from seat, legs apart in a bent knee stance, tear off second two sheets, fold at perforation, swipe once from rear to front, carefully fold and swipe again, front to rear.

3rd pass: For the 'scoupe de gras', Fr repeat as per 2nd pass, flush, zip jeans, and the six sheet job is done.

Wash hands thoroughly and you're on a roll! *yes

TimP
4th October 2018, 02:38 PM
Too much information!

Harold Gough
4th October 2018, 02:42 PM
Are your hands not clean at this stage? :confused:

Clearly, not everybody's were, as harmful bacteria were found to have been spread around the room.

Harold

Harold Gough
4th October 2018, 02:43 PM
Too much information!

Be thankful it wasn't a video!:eek:

Harold

TimP
4th October 2018, 03:01 PM
No ones mentioned ‘ghost poos’. The ones where you know you’ve done one but there is no evidence, not on the paper or in the bowl!

MJ224
4th October 2018, 03:52 PM
we are definitely going downhill on this one...……...:(*smash

pandora
5th October 2018, 11:51 AM
I offered a practical fix for the rising cost of loo paper.

Harold Gough
5th October 2018, 03:29 PM
I offered a practical fix for the rising cost of loo paper.

You fell it's a ripoff?

Harold

Harold Gough
10th October 2018, 11:42 AM
There has been a worrying development.

I went to the supermarket this morning. I wanted some cling film and, after a search, found it in the toilet rolls aisle.

Harold

TimP
10th October 2018, 11:56 AM
I guess, for the pranksters among us there is a connection