View Full Version : Gender Neutral

blu-by-u
20th September 2018, 01:57 AM
Is this really true? :eek:

Europe is finished. Nothing can save it now. - YouTube

Sorry if it's offensive

mik
20th September 2018, 05:34 AM
Well i watched it all, i do wonder judging by the verbal statement at the end if this is the important teaching of gender equality being twisted.
Ime 70 so i remember girls being taught they would be housewives,nurses,shop assistants and the like.

TimP
20th September 2018, 05:41 AM
Domestic science / Home economics as I remember it. They’d do well to teach it again now so families (or more usually, single mums) know how to properly run a home and not think taking the kids to McDonalds is a healthy, low cost option. People seem to lack basic common sense skills nowadays.

mik
20th September 2018, 06:07 AM
Domestic science / Home economics as I remember it. They’d do well to teach it again now so families (or more usually, single mums) know how to properly run a home and not think taking the kids to McDonalds is a healthy, low cost option. People seem to lack basic common sense skills nowadays.

Should boys be taught it or are we still saying women should care for men and children :confused:

Phill D
20th September 2018, 06:07 AM
Haven't watched the video yet but Tim I'm with you on this. They should teach it to both girls and boys. In my day it was just girls and the boys did woodwork and metalwork!

Naughty Nigel
20th September 2018, 11:32 AM

I completely agree, although I would say that both girls and boys should be taught Domestic Science. It comes in very handy when living in university halls apart from anything else. *yes

Unfortunately schools seem to have to teach children social skills instead. Perhaps this should be funded by Facebook, Twitter, et al now that children have been deprived of the power of speech by social media. :rolleyes:

Graham_of_Rainham
20th September 2018, 12:31 PM
I have often used the phrase “paralysis through analysis” and these “thinkers” have to make these statements in order to make their livelihood...

Children just need to be left to develop their own ideas and encouraged to be whatever they want to be. All to often children and people are presented with biased information rather than facts and the truth.

Naughty Nigel
20th September 2018, 12:38 PM
I have often used the phrase “paralysis through analysis” and these “thinkers” have to make these statements in order to make their livelihood...

Children just need to be left to develop their own ideas and encouraged to be whatever they want to be. All to often children and people are presented with biased information rather than facts and the truth.

I was disadvantaged as a boy by being dressed in shorts or trousers. Maybe if I had been allowed to wear my sister's dresses I would have seen the world differently? :rolleyes:

Graham_of_Rainham
20th September 2018, 01:02 PM
… Maybe if I had been allowed to wear my sister's dresses I would have seen the world differently? :rolleyes:

OR: The world would have seen you differently. Which is a real problem in itself.

I will admit to having prejudged people by the way they look and have had to make some complete changes to those first thoughts, as I have got to know them. :o

However my prejudgment of other drivers is always correct... :D

TimP
20th September 2018, 01:28 PM
Should boys be taught it or are we still saying women should care for men and children :confused:

Of course you’d teach boys. Why on Earth not? It’s ideally basic home economics, so that should include basic cooking skills, how to manage and pay bills, tech them to prioritise bills so that tattoos and iPhones come after utility bills and council tax. Plain old fashioned common sense.

Naughty Nigel
20th September 2018, 02:30 PM
Of course you’d teach boys. Why on Earth not? It’s ideally basic home economics, so that should include basic cooking skills, how to manage and pay bills, teach them to prioritise bills so that tattoos and iPhones come after utility bills and council tax. Plain old fashioned common sense.

Careful now. The lefties won't like that. ;)

TimP
20th September 2018, 02:39 PM

I know! But I hope to get away with it.

Zuiko
20th September 2018, 03:26 PM

Well, I'm sure that many would regard me as being left wing (although I prefer to think that I try to promote fairness and equality in society and that just happens to be an anathema to many on the right of politics) but I totally agree that utility bills should be prioritised above smart phones, etc. It's common sense. :)

Naughty Nigel
20th September 2018, 03:59 PM
Well, I'm sure that many would regard me as being left wing (although I prefer to think that I try to promote fairness and equality in society and that just happens to be an anathema to many on the right of politics) but I totally agree that utility bills should be prioritised above smart phones, etc. It's common sense. :)

..."an anathema to many on the right of politics"?

Remind me, was it Tony Blair who passed the Gay Marriage bill, or a later PM on the right wing of politics? :D

For what its worth I don't think any particular wing of politics holds a monopoly on fairness and equality. Whilst I hold these values dear I am strongly opposed to the idea that people should be appointed or chosen on a quota basis according to their gender, race or any other attribute other than merit.

TimP
20th September 2018, 04:38 PM
I think Atilla the Hun was a bit of a leftie in his day.

Gate Keeper
20th September 2018, 04:57 PM
Well i watched it all, i do wonder judging by the verbal statement at the end if this is the important teaching of gender equality being twisted.
Ime 70 so i remember girls being taught they would be housewives,nurses,shop assistants and the like.

One of the participants in the film talked about finding 4-6 year olds sexy. He struck me as being a creep and I cant accept him trying to normalise it. That clip showed him making that comment in his younger days and later on in the video, the camera showed him much older, in front of an audience and being clapped for being there. I wonder what the message was by including him in the film. Perhaps to add shock value, or to test the viewer.

In Freudian psychoanalysis the phallic phase of development, spans from the ages of 3-6. The phallic climbing frames and slides - I can’t see that in the UK playgrounds......

Ah! the right wingers would be up in arms :D

Naughty Nigel
20th September 2018, 05:18 PM
In Freudian psychoanalysis the phallic phase of development, spans from the ages of 3-6. The phallic climbing frames and slides - I can’t see that in the UK playgrounds......

Ah! the right wingers would be up in arms :D

Wasn't it a bunch of moronic, Mirror reading lefties who tried to lynch a Paediatrician because they thought paediatricians were the same as paedophiles? Or were they moronic Mail readers? :rolleyes:

In my experience both extremes of the political spectrum can be equally dangerous. :(

Jim Ford
20th September 2018, 07:16 PM
I think Atilla the Hun was a bit of a leftie in his day.

A Hungarian I know says that Atilla The Hun is a national hero of Hungary, and lots of boys are called Atilla!

Jim

Jim Ford
20th September 2018, 07:19 PM
I was disadvantaged as a boy by being dressed in shorts or trousers. Maybe if I had been allowed to wear my sister's dresses I would have seen the world differently? :rolleyes:

It's not too late, Nigel. You conjure up images of Grayson Perry!

;)

Jim

Gate Keeper
20th September 2018, 07:34 PM
Wasn't it a bunch of moronic, Mirror reading lefties who tried to lynch a Paediatrician because they thought paediatricians were the same as paedophiles? Or were they moronic Mail readers? :rolleyes:

In my experience both extremes of the political spectrum can be equally dangerous. :(

I missed that story, a disturbing tale. Moronic mirror reading lefties, or moronic mail readers? Tell all ;)

Jim Ford
20th September 2018, 07:40 PM
Remind me, was it Tony Blair who passed the Gay Marriage bill, or a later PM on the right wing of politics?

An old shop steward said to me many years ago: "Jim, beware of fascism coming waving a red flag!"

Jim

Naughty Nigel
20th September 2018, 08:33 PM
I missed that story, a disturbing tale. Moronic mirror reading lefties, or moronic mail readers? Tell all ;)

This story goes back probably fifteen or twenty years, and was from a time when paedophiles were getting a lot of attention in the press.

Either the Mirror or the Mail, I cannot remember which, had published an article mentioning a practicing Paediatrician living somewhere near Portsmouth. A bunch of readers who didn't know the difference between a Paediatrician and a Paedophile surrounded his house and planned to lynch him until the police arrived, arrested them and pointed out their mistake.:rolleyes:

Naughty Nigel
20th September 2018, 08:37 PM
An old shop steward said to me many years ago: "Jim, beware of fascism coming waving a red flag!"

Jim

There is a lot of truth in that. What would be the opposite I wonder?

And who was it that said "Liberalism will result in totalitarianism." There is a lot of truth in that too. For all their warm platitudes liberally really do struggle with the concept that not everyone agrees with them. :)

Naughty Nigel
20th September 2018, 08:39 PM
It's not too late, Nigel. You conjure up images of Grayson Perry!

;)

Jim

Well I do wear a frock from time to time. :D

Gate Keeper
20th September 2018, 08:53 PM
Well I do wear a frock from time to time. :D

Any photos? :)

Gate Keeper
20th September 2018, 08:55 PM
This story goes back probably fifteen or twenty years, and was from a time when paedophiles were getting a lot of attention in the press.

Either the Mirror or the Mail, I cannot remember which, had published an article mentioning a practicing Paediatrician living somewhere near Portsmouth. A bunch of readers who didn't know the difference between a Paediatrician and a Paedophile surrounded his house and planned to lynch him until the police arrived, arrested them and pointed out their mistake.:rolleyes:

Thank you for the that. Also reported in the Independent and the Guardian.....
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/uk/2000/aug/30/childprotection.society

Naughty Nigel
20th September 2018, 09:27 PM
Thank you for the that. Also reported in the Independent and the Guardian.....
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/uk/2000/aug/30/childprotection.society

Yes; I had forgotten that the Portsmouth attack was not an isolated incident and that there were many others around the country at the time.

Nothing like a story whipped up by the tabloid press inciting violence by those of limited intelligence. :(

Naughty Nigel
20th September 2018, 09:30 PM
Any photos? :)

I will see what I can find but I will leave it to your imagination for now. :D

I would like to reassure you through that I only wear a frock when singing. ;)