PDA

View Full Version : Passport Renewal: new Rules

Harold Gough
19th September 2018, 08:22 AM
You may not get unexpired validity added to a new passport if you renew it ahead of its expiry date:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2018/09/passport-applicants-hit-out-after-being-given-shorter-than-expec/

Harold

OM USer
19th September 2018, 09:55 AM
Makes some sort of sense I suppose - no point in having a passport issued and lasting for 10 years and 9 months if you can't travel in the last 9 months of it.

TimP
19th September 2018, 10:57 AM
I’d see it as yet another way they screw a few extra quid out of everyone.

Jim Ford
19th September 2018, 11:03 AM
My partner is a British National but holds a German/EU passport. We're not sure in future whether she should go through the UK citizens gate or 'Others' post Brexit, when she returns from visiting relations.

Jim

TimP
19th September 2018, 11:46 AM
Maybe whichever one has the shortest queue?

Harold Gough
19th September 2018, 12:12 PM
I’d see it as yet another way they screw a few extra quid out of everyone.

It's to pay for those additional Passpost Office staff needed after Brexit.

Harold

TimP
19th September 2018, 12:27 PM
Strikes me we need more staff in these places now, let alone after Brexit, HMRC are terrible, DWP too, no real Police any more. Country’s gone to the dogs.

MJ224
19th September 2018, 03:08 PM
My partner is a British National but holds a German/EU passport. We're not sure in future whether she should go through the UK citizens gate or 'Others' post Brexit, when she returns from visiting relations.

Jim

Mrs Mj224 is a Canuke. She comes through the GB queue with me. Never had a problem so far...…………...*yes

Jim Ford
19th September 2018, 03:50 PM
Mrs Mj224 is a Canuke. She comes through the GB queue with me. Never had a problem so far...…………...*yes

I don't go with her to Germany, so she travels on her own.

Jim

Mdb2
19th September 2018, 06:54 PM
Strikes me we need more staff in these places now, let alone after Brexit, HMRC are terrible, DWP too, no real Police any more. Country’s gone to the dogs.

“But don’t hang up your call is important to us”
*yes
Kind regards mike

TimP
19th September 2018, 07:08 PM
“But don’t hang up your call is important to us”
*yes
Kind regards mike

But obviously not important enough that we employ sufficient staff to answer your call quickly and also have enough properly trained staff to cover annual leave and sickness, in fact we’ve got / had a bloke called Wayne and there was that time when we had that work experience girl who spent all day doing her Facesbooks or whatever it’s called, strangely we didn’t get many calls then!

Harold Gough
20th September 2018, 02:31 PM
After Brixit there will be very long queues at any exits from this country. This will be such an appalling place to live (as the "experts" tell us) that all immigrants will be fighting to get out. The Poles have already gone, based on current conditions, the fall of the £, etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if we will have to purchase a visa to leave, even for a weekend in Paris!

Harold