PDA

View Full Version : Hi From Norfolk

rob280165
2nd January 2008, 10:18 PM
Hi all.
Just found this site and iam very please i did . Loads of info form like minded individuals. I have just got the E-3 12-60 kit for xmas form the wife :D:D:D. This is to replace (at last) the Nikon D2x which I sold along with a big collection of pro Nikon glass when I decided on the Olympus system. I managed to find a mint as new E-1 kit on ebay which I have been using in the studio with very nice results. There seems to be something very special about the E-1 images I can't put my finger on it just a certain look which I love
I have been into photography for quite a number of years and do a bit of paid work at my business. Have a look at my website to see the type of thing i do and follow the links to see some of my other work at my .mac galleries.
Cheers Rob.
www.countrypet.co.uk

theMusicMan
2nd January 2008, 10:32 PM
Hey Rob, welcome to the site, and congratulations on the new E-3. You're absolutely right, there are many like minded Olympus users here, and you will undoubtedly find the site welcoming and the members friendly & helpful.

Looking forward to seeing your E-3 images... have any to show off yet...?

rob280165
2nd January 2008, 10:46 PM
Thanks for your reply. No none yet weather been rubbish here damp and grey but we might get a bit of snow tomorrow but I will be at work :mad: I will post some as soon as I can.
Cheers Rob.
www.countrypet.co.uk

Haisbro
2nd January 2008, 11:00 PM
Hi Rob,

Welcome to the site... from Norfolk

H

rob280165
2nd January 2008, 11:04 PM
Hi H.
A local lad:):)If you are ever in North Walsham pop into my shop Country Pets in the market place and say hi. Kettles always on:)
Rob

ianjip
3rd January 2008, 06:27 PM
Hi Rob,
welcome to the club, I've not been here to long myself, I have found everyone friendly and extremely helpful.

I see you used to be a nikon man, what made you change if I may ask.

best wishes ian

rob280165
3rd January 2008, 07:03 PM
Hi Ian.
There seems to be quite a few local guys on this forum which is nice. As for Nikon I had the D2x and a few pro lenses 17-55, 14-24, 70-200 vr etc. A super system and tops in the studio but I found that when out and about I didnt want to cart all that weight around so ended up not talking a camera with me or if I did it would be one of my OM cameras. I have always been interested in Olympus and decided to buy the E-1 kit which I have since found is a marvel in the studio as well as a nice carry around camera only a bit limited with the 5 mpix resolution but thats where the E-3 comes in pity about the size but its still a lot smaller than the D2x.

ianjip
3rd January 2008, 07:51 PM
Well I have a few Nikons to and weight has always been an issue the F4 has been a great work horse but a bit of a lump and yet difficult to part with.
I have a D70s just to see if I wanted to make the transition from wet to a dry dark room and I do.
A good little camera picture quality good even at iso 1600 and it's nice sitting at the PC in a comfortable chair.
I have been a little concerned though with the focusing problems that folk are having with E3 and the fact there's been no comment from Olympus, I take it you've not had any problems ?

good light ian

rob280165
3rd January 2008, 08:15 PM
I haven't had a chance to use it in anger yet so I can't comment on the focus issues that are cropping up. I have noticed that in most of the forums I read and whatever make of camera there seems to be someone going on about focus issues or problems with this or thats not working as it should. Iam sure some people do have problems but the majority don't and I take it all with a pinch of salt. After all the camera has a 3 year warranty and any problems will be sorted by Olympus. I thought about keeping my Nikon system and using it along side my Olympus and as good as the D2x and Nikon system is I couldn't really justify keeping both so the Nikon went. Iam glad I sold the Nikon kit as I enjoy using the Olympus kit more and if your happy and enjoy using the kit you have surely that leeds to hopefully better end results.