PDA

View Full Version : There are lots of things about Jacob Rees-Mogg I dislike, but....

Zuiko
13th September 2018, 09:20 AM
But I draw the line at heckling his children. Yesterday's incident was disgraceful and a clear example of politics being taken too far. It raises questions in my mind; is our nation becoming too obsessed and divided by politics and should we stop taking it so seriously?

Wee man
13th September 2018, 11:31 AM
Here in N. Ireland we don't take seriously even our MLA's are a joke.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

pandora
13th September 2018, 06:35 PM
Politicians are lying sub-human sociopaths. By nature they must be, their calling demands it.

TimP
13th September 2018, 07:31 PM
I think the politicians themselves need to take it more seriously, all of them seem more concerned with petty personal issues than what they are paid, by us, to do. Sort the politics, sort Brexit, sort the country out first. This stuff is all in their hands, live by the sword, die by the sword. Self-servatives in total disarray yet Labour are nowhere when they should be romping to victory, all the rest seem to be asleep somewhere. Right now must be a historical low point for British politics. Then there’s Trump......

Graham_of_Rainham
13th September 2018, 09:05 PM
No child should be exposed to emotional distress like that...

Yet his own actions put millions of children at risk of being fundamentally disadvantaged, and a great many further impoverished.

He knows full well how people act and should have protected his children from that situation. But that would not have given him the opportunity to gain the moral high ground. All he says and all he does is entirely self serving.

Dewi9
13th September 2018, 11:09 PM
Perhaps we should try the same as Northern Ireland and do without Parliament for a year or two. No paying the MP's during that time either.

Certainly, NI seems to be running OK without an Assembly, so why not us ?

David

Naughty Nigel
17th September 2018, 01:58 PM
Presumably those heckling Jacob Rees-Mogg's children think they should be running the country?

Why do those on the left think it is perfectly acceptable to be abusive to families of Tory MP's, and even to incite public unrest to achieve their aims?

Tony Blair did some rather unpopular things too but I don't recall his family members ever being heckled on the streets around here.

TimP
17th September 2018, 03:03 PM
I don’t think Bliars kids were called Biggus Dickus or whatever ridiculous names JRM has given them. But no, no child should be subject to anything like that.
Saying that however JRM has kinda put them in the public eye more than anyone else I recall recently. I’m not even aware of the children of any other current MP.

Naughty Nigel
17th September 2018, 07:22 PM
Politics aside, we all need to be able to separate the person from their professional life.

Whether you like an MP's policies or not they have just as much right to enjoy a pint at the pub or a day out as anyone else. They are all human beings at the end of the day. The same applies to so called 'celebrities'.

Children have no say in what their parents do for a living or their upbringing and they certainty should not be targeted for abuse by those who disagree with their parents' political views.

The chances are the children of politicians will be just as critical as those shouting abuse, and may well ask awkward questions. (I remember the daughter of one MP protesting about disability rights.) This kind of behaviour by protesters will only reinforce the view that they are not worth listening to.

Jim Ford
17th September 2018, 07:47 PM
I agree that the sins of the father shouldn't be visited on the children, even if they are the children of The Right Execrable Member for North East Somerset!

Jim