PDA

View Full Version : Webuyanycar.con

Zuiko
6th September 2018, 02:24 PM
My 12 year old VW Passat has done 160,000 miles and is suddenly developing a lot of expensive faults. It has occurred to me that now might be a good time to trade it in for a newer model and, just out of interest, I checked it's value on Webuyanycar.com. They made me an offer of 275.00, which I had no intention of accepting and every day this week they have emailed me a reminder that their offer is still open. However, today was a little different - they are now offering 410.00. I wonder if there will be an even higher offer in 5 days time if I don't accept the latest one?

So if anyone is thinking of selling their car to this company, don't accept their first offer!

TimP
6th September 2018, 02:37 PM
If you can afford to buy new there might be some scrappage offers about, we got rid of our last car doing that, worked well for us.

Zuiko
6th September 2018, 03:12 PM
If you can afford to buy new there might be some scrappage offers about, we got rid of our last car doing that, worked well for us.

Thanks Tim, but unfortunately we cannot afford to buy new.

Otto
6th September 2018, 04:08 PM
My sister sold her car through them. When I took the car to their Keighley depot they examined it incredibly closely and knocked a couple of hundred quid off their offer for a dent I could barely see even when they pointed it out. Their service was OK but expect some haggling.

Naughty Nigel
6th September 2018, 04:15 PM
There isn't much money in new car sales (so I am told), but there are bigger margins on second-hand cars.

Many stealers will offer you 1,000 or more just to clinch a sale. Equally, they may offer you a good discount to avoid having to deal with an old car that realistically will probably only go to auction at best.

We Buy Any Car operates in much the same way as the now defunct Wonga - they know that many people are desperate for the money or simply don't know any better. Personally I would avoid them if at all possible.

Phill D
6th September 2018, 04:26 PM
In my experience their final offers have been worse than the car dealers. Not by much granted.

Otto
6th September 2018, 04:28 PM
Actually they gave us a fair price, better than the main dealers offered. I certainly wouldn't put them in the same bracket as Wonga but as with all things, it pays to shop around. It was a "distress sale" to some extent, my sister was unable to drive any longer, and despite a fair amount of advertising nobody wanted to buy it - probably down to us living out in the middle of nowhere as much as anything!

Wee man
6th September 2018, 06:33 PM
My daughter wanted to offload an old car, dealers would not take it, scrap value poor we buy any car gave her more than that and took it of her hands no haggling.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Zuiko
13th September 2018, 09:47 AM
Offer increased to 500. It definitely pays not to accept their first offer! :)

Wee man
13th September 2018, 11:30 AM
Get you friends to ring them asking if they have that model for sale the demand may increase your price?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk