PDA

View Full Version : The End of Mondeo Man is Nigh

Naughty Nigel
3rd September 2018, 10:04 AM
Reading a certain 'vile rag' when I dropped my car off at the garage this morning I saw a headline heralding the end of the Ford Mondeo, and with it Mondeo Man. It seems the Ford Galaxy is also at risk.

Mail - End of the Mondeo (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6124251/Ford-draws-plans-axe-thousands-jobs-cost-cutting-move.html)

I must admit the Mondeo has seemed unattractive for a long time, being very much a 'repmobile', but after nearly thirty years of production I am sure it has a dedicated following somewhere.

One interesting comment in the rag, but not online, was that the availability of cheap car finance has meant that aspirational owners now buy Mercs and BMW's rather than Fords. *zzz

I wonder what this all says about us as a country?

TimP
3rd September 2018, 11:14 AM
Only ever had one Mondeo when I had company cars, mainly having Vauxhall Cavaliers and latterly Vectras. It was the original model, following on from the Sierra. I tended to think of it as a mundano, seemed suitable!
Isn’t the Galaxy the same basic chassis as the Alhambra and something else I forget.

I hope you’ve survived the awful experience that is the ‘vile rag’ itself!!

Naughty Nigel
3rd September 2018, 11:20 AM
Only ever had one Mondeo when I had company cars, mainly having Vauxhall Cavaliers and latterly Vectras. It was the original model, following on from the Sierra. I tended to think of it as a mundano, seemed suitable!
Isn’t the Galaxy the same basic chassis as the Alhambra and something else I forget.

I hope you’ve survived the awful experience that is the ‘vile rag’ itself!!

Indeed. I think I should complain to Stratstones. They call themselves a Premier dealer but only offered The Mail and The Sun with a free coffee. Somebody else had already nabbed The Sun. ;)

TimP
3rd September 2018, 11:22 AM
I think you get the Sun equivalent with the Mail Online, the sidebar of shame which I’m reliably informed carries Sun type pictures!

Naughty Nigel
3rd September 2018, 11:34 AM
I think you get the Sun equivalent with the Mail Online, the sidebar of shame which I’m reliably informed carries Sun type pictures!

Yes, with clickbait everywhere. :(

DerekW
3rd September 2018, 11:45 AM
however the Mondeo will live on in the Jags <G>

Naughty Nigel
3rd September 2018, 11:54 AM
however the Mondeo will live on in the Jags <G>

I the X-Type, yes, and as I often point out, in the Transit van. :D