PDA

View Full Version : Portrait of Britain 2018

Crazy Dave
31st August 2018, 02:01 PM
Thrilled and honoured to have made it to the winners' enclosure of the Portrait Of Britain 2018 exhibition organised by the British Journal of Photography. It's one of 100 images chosen from over 13,000 entries that will feature on JCDecaux posters across the UK during September. The portrait of Abdel also appears as one of 200 shortlisted images in a book published by Hoxton Mini Press.

A glass (or three) has already been raised - chuffed to bits.

David

PS Taken on my marvellous Olympus OMD-EM-5 Mark 1
http://www.e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/Abdel_E_Group.jpg

Zuiko
31st August 2018, 03:31 PM
Thrilled and honoured to have made it to the winners' enclosure of the Portrait Of Britain 2018 exhibition organised by the British Journal of Photography. It's one of 100 images chosen from over 13,000 entries that will feature on JCDecaux posters across the UK during September. The portrait of Abdel also appears as one of 200 shortlisted images in a book published by Hoxton Mini Press.

A glass (or three) has already been raised - chuffed to bits.

David

PS Taken on my marvellous Olympus OMD-EM-5 Mark 1
http://www.e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/Abdel_E_Group.jpg

Well done David, nice work. *chr

MJ224
31st August 2018, 03:34 PM
Many congratulations Dave…………….

drmarkf
31st August 2018, 05:31 PM
Well done, squire!
Cool model, too.

Keith-369
31st August 2018, 07:16 PM
Congrats, well deserved.

OM USer
31st August 2018, 08:19 PM
Congratulations are well deserved.

Naughty Nigel
31st August 2018, 09:24 PM
Congratulations and very well done. *yes

From a personal point of view am also pleased that you didn't shot this on the latest and greatest hardware. That should be a lesson to all of us.

Wally
1st September 2018, 07:44 PM
Very well done. If proof be needed as NN intimated... it's not the camera gear that counts, it's who's behind it that makes the difference. :tup

Crazy Dave
1st September 2018, 08:23 PM
Congratulations and very well done. *yes

From a personal point of view am also pleased that you didn't shot this on the latest and greatest hardware. That should be a lesson to all of us.

Thank you all for the kind words. As far as the kit is concerned, the only three controls I use in a typical day are ISO, aperture and white balance so the EM-5 suits me down to the ground. It is the epitome of what is good about m4/3. The Mark II by comparison seems to be festooned with buttons and levers while the top of the range model is edging too far toward a large camera. Is spontaneity being lost with the plethora of features?

David

PS Just heard the image made the full back cover of the October edition of the British Journal of Photography magazine, got to open another bottle.

Phill D
2nd September 2018, 08:28 AM
Didn't spot this earlier, well done Dave well deserved it's a cracking shot. I'll definitely look out for the posters.