PDA

View Full Version : Elements 5 + Raw

Barr1e
2nd January 2008, 09:55 PM
I have the Raw plugin 8BI and cannot find how to raise it when Elements 5 is loaded on the screen. I have visited the Adobe site and have carried out the instructions to the letter but still seem unable to launch it.
Do I need to have a Raw image in the computer so its presence is known to the program?

Offers of help greatly appreciated.

Regards. Barr1e

Invicta
2nd January 2008, 10:04 PM
I do not have Elements so can not comment directly.

In CS Camera Raw is a plug-in to Bridge or Photoshop rather than a standalone application.

Try either opeing an .orf file directly in operating system or opening an .orf file in the Elements equivalent of the CS Bridge browser.

veggiesosage
2nd January 2008, 11:29 PM
Barrie, presuming you have placed the plug-in at the correct location as per the Adobe website...

Have you got the correct plug-in for your version of Elements? ACR4.2 is the last one that will work with E5. You might have been trying to use 4.3 which won't work.

Hope that helps

bammo
3rd January 2008, 04:11 AM
Barrie, presuming you have placed the plug-in at the correct location as per the Adobe website...

Have you got the correct plug-in for your version of Elements? ACR4.2 is the last one that will work with E5. You might have been trying to use 4.3 which won't work.

Hope that helps

4.3 does work with elements 5. It's what i'm using.

Barrie, if you're trying to update camera raw, the new camera raw file needs to be copied over the old one.

If you want to figure out how to enter camera raw in elements, it only appears when you open a raw file. In our case, being olympus users, this would be an .orf file.

If you don't have any raws, set your camera to RAW instead of jpeg, then take a pic.

Open the .orf with elements and you're there.

Barr1e
3rd January 2008, 03:03 PM
Thanks all, with your help - I'm up and running.

What I didn't realise when trying to open Raw in Elements 5 it needed an image taken in Raw. My mistake I suppose was expecting to see the Raw program open without an Image in the computer.

Just for info:

I downloaded with Olympus Master 2 and then opened in Elements 5. It may be beginners luck but I thought the finished item looked pretty good when I think of the ease in the processing. When saving the pic this was automatically set in dng.

If you have any other comments these might be helpful to myself or another.

Again, I'm most grateful.

Kindest regards. Barr1e