PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Any Piano player here

greace11
29th August 2018, 07:28 AM
:confused::confused::confused:

Hi all,

So been in the web for some time searching all sort of stuff especially learning the piano. Now I want to hear the opinion of those professionals or really knows the piano. Can this piano app really work?

What's your thought?;)

Naughty Nigel
29th August 2018, 08:25 AM
I don't think there is any substitute for a good piano teacher.

An app might teach you to play the right notes in the right order but fingering, touch and interpretation is also important, particularly as you progress.

A good teacher will also set realistic targets so that you can practice productively between lessons, even if these only happen once a month.

Jim Ford
29th August 2018, 08:34 AM
I don't play any musical instrument (but wish that I did!). I guess an app may get you started so you can decided if piano playing is for you.

Jim

TimP
29th August 2018, 10:52 AM
I once saw a bloke ‘playing’ the bagpipes in the gateway to a field, slap in the middle of nowhere. I guess his wife banished him. Another time we were on the west coast of Scotland overlooking Loch Hourn at Corran when we heard a dreadful noise that seemed to be coming from a small boat sailing up the Loch, as it got nearer we could see the lonely figure of a man making noises from his bagpipes. It seemed an extreme way to get some ‘me time’ to learn the things!

Naughty Nigel
29th August 2018, 11:49 AM
It is said that a true gentleman knows how to play the bagpipes, but doesn't! ;)

Harold Gough
30th August 2018, 09:29 AM
I once saw a bloke ‘playing’ the bagpipes in the gateway to a field, slap in the middle of nowhere. I guess his wife banished him. Another time we were on the west coast of Scotland overlooking Loch Hourn at Corran when we heard a dreadful noise that seemed to be coming from a small boat sailing up the Loch, as it got nearer we could see the lonely figure of a man making noises from his bagpipes. It seemed an extreme way to get some ‘me time’ to learn the things!

They are employed by some Scottish regiments to terrify and demoralise the enemy.

Harold

TimP
30th August 2018, 10:27 AM
They are employed by some Scottish regiments to terrify and demoralise the enemy.

Harold

Can’t exaclty lift the spirits of the friendly troops either!