PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever think.. why did I start this ?

shenstone
20th August 2018, 07:46 PM
It seemed so simple, our local wildlife group is 150 years old. We have an exhibition in the local museum but can only feature about 6 of our former presidents

Why don't I create a web page about each one of the rest.. how long can that take

Well it's taken a year! Research, Writing, Museum and Library visits etc.

What are you talking about you may ask... http://cardiffnaturalists.org.uk/htmfiles/150th-08.htm

Oh, and then an elderly member say's - could you just print it out for me I'm not good with the internet.

Another 2 weeks reformatting it into MS word and adding readable references wherever I had used hyperlinks 508 pages, 89669 words and 57.5Mb later I have just finished.. now all I need to do is print and bind it

Regards
Andy

MJ224
20th August 2018, 08:18 PM
Looks good Andy, I will spend a little time looking through the site. Also interested in the surveyed and other suggested wildlife locations.

You must be putting quite some time into that project...

Well done...

Wally
20th August 2018, 08:27 PM
A labour of love, and it shows. :tup

Graham_of_Rainham
20th August 2018, 08:41 PM
Thatís a lot of time and effort.

Well done.

Harold Gough
21st August 2018, 07:06 AM
Another 2 weeks reformatting it into MS word and adding readable references wherever I had used hyperlinks 508 pages, 89669 words and 57.5Mb later I have just finished.. now all I need to do is print and bind it

Just be sure not to call it a "book" or you will be legally obliged to present a copy of it to each of the major libraries in the UK (British Library, etc.).

Harold

Zuiko
21st August 2018, 08:01 AM
That's a lot of painstaking work Andy, well done!

shenstone
21st August 2018, 10:34 AM
Just be sure not to call it a "book" or you will be legally obliged to present a copy of it to each of the major libraries in the UK (British Library, etc.).

Harold

LOL, yes been there...

What's even worse for where I live is the moment you trigger that process the Welsh library starts pestering even though the formal process is meant to be you send to the British library and they distribute

Regards
Andy

Harold Gough
21st August 2018, 10:48 AM
LOL, yes been there...

What's even worse for where I live is the moment you trigger that process the Welsh library starts pestering even though the formal process is meant to be you send to the British library and they distribute

Regards
Andy

Call it a "dossier". They won't want anything to do with it!

Harold