PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Milton Keynes

jeremyc
2nd January 2008, 08:49 PM
Hi,

I've just joined the Group on the recommendation of Bill Gordon in Toronto. I am also a member (a Supporter, even) of Four Thirds Photo, but I'm not comfortable with the way it's developing, and I have always found its basically US culture to be a bit overwhelming. It's nice to be here in a Group that feels much closer to home.

I'm an early retired BBC producer - I used to make Open University programmes, based here in Milton Keynes. Now I freelance in whatever capacity turns up, as a director, video-cameraman, voice-over artiste, web-designer/manager, consultant and photographer - but I always make it clear that I am not really a "professional photographer" as I've not had specifically photographic training, nor do I have any professional affiliation.

I've been taking photos more or less seriously since I was about 12. My first E camera was the E10 (I owned one of the first in the UK) and I still use that a lot for copy-stand work - the "live-view" output to a video screen is invaluable. My main camera is an E1 - I might buy an E3 one day, but for the moment the E1 does everything I want it to.

You can see some of my photographs at:
http://www.oliophoto.co.uk

Nice to be on board.

Jeremy Cooper

art frames
2nd January 2008, 09:15 PM
Hi Jeremy

I felt I had to reply as I am just down 15 miles down the road in a village close to Northampton.

You will be amongst good company here it is more 'British' in feel than most websites and tends to be warm and friendly. :)

I am sure you will enjoy the style.

best wishes

Peter

PeterD
2nd January 2008, 10:10 PM
Hi,

I've just joined the Group on the recommendation of Bill Gordon in Toronto. I am also a member (a Supporter, even) of Four Thirds Photo, but I'm not comfortable with the way it's developing, and I have always found its basically US culture to be a bit overwhelming. It's nice to be here in a Group that feels much closer to home.

I'm an early retired BBC producer - I used to make Open University programmes, based here in Milton Keynes. Now I freelance in whatever capacity turns up, as a director, video-cameraman, voice-over artiste, web-designer/manager, consultant and photographer - but I always make it clear that I am not really a "professional photographer" as I've not had specifically photographic training, nor do I have any professional affiliation.

I've been taking photos more or less seriously since I was about 12. My first E camera was the E10 (I owned one of the first in the UK) and I still use that a lot for copy-stand work - the "live-view" output to a video screen is invaluable. My main camera is an E1 - I might buy an E3 one day, but for the moment the E1 does everything I want it to.

Nice to be on board.

Jeremy Cooper

Welcome Jeremy

I have just viewed a selection of your images and must say I aimpressed with the range of images you have produced. I am sure that your skills will be of great benefit to the group.

PeterD

theMusicMan
2nd January 2008, 10:35 PM
Hi Jeremy, d'ya know you're not the first person I have read who says that about FTP. I do very much like the site, and though more a lurker than a contributor, I do find the membership very helpful, but yes... a severs lacking in the British (very dry) sense of humour is prevalent...:)

Very informative resource though.

Having said that, as you have seen thus far, you're in good company here.

swazon
2nd January 2008, 10:54 PM
Hi,

Nice to be on board.

Jeremy Cooper

Just had a look at your photos - beautiful. I think I'll hang up my camera in shame - I've been to Bletchley Park but never caught the atmosphere of the place.

Welcome aboard
Robin

jeremyc
2nd January 2008, 11:07 PM
Thanks to all of you for your greetings. And thanks for looking and appreciating my photos. As you have seen, I tend to shoot whatever presents itself to me, but trying to find an interesting angle or attitude. Sometimes I feel I have succeeded, other times...

I also do a lot of technical archaeology photography, which is far too boring to put in my gallery - loads of site shots of bits of soil (the archaeologists claim they can see colour changes!), several thousand shots of roman coins and lots of pottery and other finds.

By the way, it's great to be part of an E-system group that operates in the same time zone as me! I already feel at home!

Jeremy