PDA

View Full Version : E3 and 25mm Pancake lens

Kiwi Paul
16th March 2009, 09:29 PM
I recently bought the 25mm pancake lens, primarily to use with the E520 when I don't want to lug the E3 and 12-60 about (dog walks etc) and while it's great to use with the 520 the other day I went to the beach with the dogs and took the E3 with the pancake and I was really impressed with that combo, the lens is so small and light that you don't even notice it on the E3 (infact you can hardly see it on the E3 :) ) it's just like carrying the E3 body about and thats quite manageable, I love the pancake lens, I used to use primes back in my fiilm camera days but have only had zooms with my digital cameras and I forgot how much fun using a prime can be.

Paul

OlyPaul
17th March 2009, 08:28 AM
Yea I know what you mean, I very often just take the 25mm pancake and 50mm macro with me.

Reminds me of my film days when my favourite carry round kit used to be a 24mm, 35mm and 90mm primes ( forget zooms). Now all I need is 12mm prime from Oly and I'd be as happy as larry. :D

ndl0071
17th March 2009, 08:32 AM
I'm glad to hear of your positive experience with the E3 + Pancake combo, I've recently ordered the pancake as part of the current Oly promo as I too miss the old primes, I'm really looking forward to getting back to basics and challenging myself after years of using zooms:)