PDA

View Full Version : VOTE HERE for your three favourite Beauty of Winter comp entries

Ian
14th March 2009, 09:12 PM
The voting form is now up, please go to:

http://e-group.uk.net/forum/cmps_index.php?pageid=wintervote

And remember, as a voter, you have a chance of winning a prize too! :)

Ian

Ian
18th March 2009, 12:38 PM
The voting form is now up, please go to:

http://e-group.uk.net/forum/cmps_index.php?pageid=wintervote

And remember, as a voter, you have a chance of winning a prize too! :)

Ian

A useful tip for ploughing through all the entries is to use the Add to Favourites option, which is the yellow folder icon with the green and white plus sign under each picture. This puts a copy of the picture in a Favourites album that us unique to you. You can then re-visit that album at leisure, and make your final three choices.

Ian

crimbo
22nd March 2009, 10:10 AM
Well I have done it!
It was not easy
But then I shouldnt have entered if I didnt want to spend time doing the voting
Good luck one and all - there are some stonking images in that gallery

And if you have not yet voted...dont put off today what you will forget to do tomorrow!

shirley
22nd March 2009, 10:18 AM
Well I have done it!
It was not easy
But then I shouldnt have entered if I didnt want to spend time doing the voting
Good luck one and all - there are some stonking images in that gallery

And if you have not yet voted...dont put off today what you will forget to do tomorrow!

Me too, I used Ian's method of using the favourites, it worked very well and helped me to decide - but it was still difficult!!!!

snaarman
22nd March 2009, 03:27 PM
Me too, I used Ian's method of using the favourites, it worked very well and helped me to decide - but it was still difficult!!!!

Ditto. Useful method :-) I might have preferred to select my top 6 rather than my top 3 - such was the quality of the best entries... Well done everyone.

Pete

Graham_of_Rainham
22nd March 2009, 05:02 PM
So many good images to pick from. I had 8 in my selection and it took me ages to get to a final 3. Not having entered, I was able to be completely unbiased in my selection and have applied the same standards as I would when judging club competitions.

Good luck everyone.

*chr

Wreckdiver
22nd March 2009, 06:32 PM
I thought the closing date was Sunday 8th March. There are 4
photos entered on the 9th (no's 220 - 223), are these valid entries?

Steve

shenstone
22nd March 2009, 06:57 PM
A useful tip for ploughing through all the entries is to use the Add to Favourites option, which is the yellow folder icon with the green and white plus sign under each picture. This puts a copy of the picture in a Favourites album that us unique to you. You can then re-visit that album at leisure, and make your final three choices.

Ian

What's really nice about this method it tells someone that you thought enough of one of their pictures to do so and that's really nice

I just saw such a message (thanks to the appropriate person) and some should be seeing such from me

Regards
Andy

ringneck
23rd March 2009, 11:27 AM
What's really nice about this method it tells someone that you thought enough of one of their pictures to do so and that's really nice

I just saw such a message (thanks to the appropriate person) and some should be seeing such from me

Regards
Andy

Oh does that mean everyone knows whose voted for who or in my case NO Ones voted for me He he.

Better vote B4 I forget ...had my shortlist of 9 for a week and still can't decide...here goes..Numbers.......................

keith*chr

ringneck
23rd March 2009, 11:43 AM
P.S........right I have voted ......got to go and lie down now.

keith*chr

davidh
23rd March 2009, 01:13 PM

Ian

my votes are in

the favourite option made it easier but still took a while to wittle it down from my initial dozen selected

some great photos - well done to all who entered.

*chr

Dave

Ellie
25th March 2009, 02:11 PM
This is so hard to do, because there are so many beautiful pictures to choose from

benvendetta
26th March 2009, 01:56 PM
I personally feel that many of the images miss the mark with regard to the actual theme title. However, I guess that they are all Winter, but don't necessarily portray the beauty of it.

gno
26th March 2009, 02:20 PM
Hi Dave,

My thoughts too, so I voted accordingly.

Regards

Gavin

shenstone
27th March 2009, 12:01 PM
Phew -- Done

I agree with almost all on how hard it was to whittle down from a shortlist of more than we are allowed to vote for

Regards
Andy

Ian
27th March 2009, 02:48 PM
Your last chance to VOTE (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/cmps_index.php?pageid=wintervote) is tomorrow (Saturday) night, by midnight.

Looking at the voting so far - a lot of you haven't voted :confused:

A tip for you - use the ADD to MY FAVOURITES icon under any picture you feel has potential. Once you have looked through all the entries, you will then have your own short list in your MY FAVOURITES gallery folder.

It makes things much easier.

Ian

crimbo
27th March 2009, 02:57 PM
Ian
I think it would be legitimate to e-mail registered members just in case they have been too busy

Ian
27th March 2009, 03:13 PM
Ian
I think it would be legitimate to e-mail registered members just in case they have been too busy

Oh, I have :)

Ian

Kiwi Paul
27th March 2009, 03:28 PM
Tell them they can't win the E30 unless they vote, that will get them going ;)

Paul

crimbo
27th March 2009, 04:43 PM
Tell them they can't win the E30 unless they vote, that will get them going ;)

Paul

didnt I see that in the rules :eek:

Kiwi Paul
27th March 2009, 04:47 PM
It's not in the rules, I'm just been silly, but it would make everyone vote for sure :)

Paul

benvendetta
27th March 2009, 08:25 PM
Well I have just voted. I did find the title of the competition rather difficult to interpret and find images for, as well as to select three to vote for. Although there are some really excellent images, for me at least, many didn't really portray the beauty of winter. My selection was based more on the beauty that the things that are unique to winter can give. Which left me with quite a small number in my shortlist.

tlove
28th March 2009, 10:25 AM
I've now voted:)

Good luck to all who've entered (I didn't :o)

*chr

Xpres
28th March 2009, 12:41 PM
Just been having a look to vote and quite liked 102 and 112 - but these guys are in the US - does that mean I can't vote for them?

Ian
28th March 2009, 01:22 PM
Just been having a look to vote and quite liked 102 and 112 - but these guys are in the US - does that mean I can't vote for them?

If they are in the US, then they will be disqualified. But I will ask anyone who votes for a disqualified entry for a replacement vote.

Ian

Xpres
28th March 2009, 01:39 PM
OK. will vote now.

Invicta
28th March 2009, 03:02 PM
Oh, I have :)

Ian

Reminded me to vote...

I found it handy to browse the galery and open photos I liked as new tab in the web browser.

I ended up with approx 20 which I then kept revisiting to get down to three.

Although picking the order of the last three was very subjective. Any of my top four could have got my top vote.

30th March 2009, 08:16 AM
If they are in the US, then they will be disqualified. But I will ask anyone who votes for a disqualified entry for a replacement vote.

Ian

"This competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland, plus Eire, and dependent islands, like the Isle of Man, and the Channel Islands"
:(

OlyPaul
30th March 2009, 09:54 AM
Voted but it was a hard process, dismissed the ones that did not even meet the brief, then any that were obviously out of focus (not sharp) or bad exposure.

After that it was down to personel preference and boy was that hard as there were so many good ones.:)

donmcmahan
30th March 2009, 11:24 AM
I just naturally assumed that you could not vote for your own entries, but remembering all of the toing and froeing on the rules i did go back to see if that was addressed in the rules and there was no mention of it. If it turns out that I am the only one to not vote for my own picture I don't really mind it still seems the right thing to do.*chr

benvendetta
30th March 2009, 11:42 AM
I didn't look at where the author's lived - whoops!

Ian

ringneck
30th March 2009, 01:32 PM
I just naturally assumed that you could not vote for your own entries, but remembering all of the toing and froeing on the rules i did go back to see if that was addressed in the rules and there was no mention of it. If it turns out that I am the only one to not vote for my own picture I don't really mind it still seems the right thing to do.*chr

I can distinctly remember Ian stating that he would sift through the votes and not count any votes cast for the voters own shots...but that might have been in a previous draft and not the final finalised rules. But as you say WHO WOULD vote for their own...it defeats the object really.
While on the voting theme does anyone know if we get to know the numbers of the 12 going through to the next stage.

Cheers,
keith.*chr

ringneck
31st March 2009, 01:31 PM
Ooops....seems there are 12 of the Beauty of Winter shots under "Most Popular Recent Images " at the bottom of the gallery page.
Keith.*chr *chr *chr

Xpres
31st March 2009, 01:47 PM
I don't think it's what you think. e.g 112 user is in US and shot on a canon!

jdal
31st March 2009, 02:06 PM
I don't think it's what you think. e.g 112 user is in US and shot on a canon!

Yes, if the exif is correct it was taken on a Canon 20d. And it also shows that it was taken on 28th Oct 2006. If the Exif is correct it fails to qualify on grounds of nationality, date, camera and, arguably, subject matter.:confused:

gno
3rd April 2009, 11:24 AM
Hi All,

"The twelve images attracting the most votes will go forward to the final, where a panel will choose an overall winner."

Everything seems to have gone quiet,
Have I missed anything?

Regards

Gavin

ringneck
3rd April 2009, 02:55 PM
Hi Gavin............

"
Everything seems to have gone quiet,"....not for long now Shearers back... he he he.

Cheers, Keith.*chr*chr

ringneck
3rd April 2009, 09:02 PM
Hi Gavin...me again.
I have looked at the 12 shots and they have changed...it looks like the invalid ones have gone which means the people who voted for them would have been asked to vote again.....I think,but what do I know.

Keith.

gno
3rd April 2009, 09:56 PM
Hi Keith,

Is there now a short list?
Where are the 12 images?

Regards

Gavin

Ellie
3rd April 2009, 10:42 PM
I have looked at the 12 shots and they have changed...
As I understand it, "votes" or ratings in the gallery don't count towards the final votes, which were sent in on the voting form.

You/we won't know which pictures have the highest privately sent votes until Ian has had time to check each one, and also to check the highest ranked images are valid entries.

I think it'll take a while for one person to do :)

ringneck
9th April 2009, 09:58 PM
................."Is there now a short list?
Where are the 12 images? "................

Sorry did not notice your questions.

I hope the Easter Bunny brings them................

Keith*chr

gno
10th April 2009, 10:07 AM
Hi Keith,

Seems to me that the whole competition has stalled for one reason or another.

Regards

Gavin

Makonde
10th April 2009, 11:05 AM
Yes. I confess that I completely lost interest after the rule changes; and the recent jiggery-pokery has also been a turnoff.

gno
10th April 2009, 11:13 AM
Yes. I confess that I completely lost interest after the rule changes; and the recent jiggery-pokery has also been a turnoff.
I knew about the inappropriate voting in the gallery but what rule changes?
Not having entered and only voting, I don't have a vested interest.
But its turning into a shambles as no one seems to know what's going on!

Regards

Gavin

benvendetta
10th April 2009, 03:08 PM
If you knew anything about photographic competitions, they take a lot of time and effort to sort out and judge. I know, I do a lot of judging - if fact I am off to judge an inter-club 'battle' tonight.
Just be patient.

gno
10th April 2009, 05:16 PM
Hi Dave,

I didn't think they were being judged yet.
I thought that the top 12 were being shortlisted and then they were going to be voted for again by the members.

Have I missed something?

Regards

Gavin

benvendetta
10th April 2009, 09:53 PM
I just assumed they were, but maybe I am wrong. I would have thought however that the final 12 would have been known by now................

ringneck
10th April 2009, 10:12 PM
Rules 8 and 9 were..........

8. After the closing date for entries, there will be a two week period of voting by e-group members.
9. The twelve images attracting the most votes will go forward to the final, where a panel will choose an overall winner.

8 happened but I presume we have moved onto rule 10 now...

10. If more than one image from one entrant attracts enough votes to be in top 12, the most popular image will be retained and the other(s) from that entrant will be discarded. Any extra place(s) made available will be filled by images lower down in the order, by order of the most votes tallied.

I think a further hold up might be that some people put pics on that they should not have for various reasons and they are being weeded out and people are being asked to vote again.
A simple solution might be for some correspondance informing all at what stage we are at before listing the 12 and then moving on to the final judging.
Cheers.
keith
*chr

ringneck
17th April 2009, 10:43 PM
Fed up of seeing my name as last contributor.......anyone willing to put anything on ?????????

Keith*zzz *zzz *zzz *zzz *zzz *zzz

gno
18th April 2009, 05:29 PM
Now own-up who's nicked the prize!

ringneck
20th April 2009, 08:34 AM
It seems the folks on 4/3rds User are wondering what's going on with their Winter Comp as well.
Maybe someone's nicked ALL the prizes !!!!!

Keith *chr

bernie
22nd April 2009, 09:11 AM
Could the administrator give an indication of when he expects to be able to announce the winner of this competition? It seems to be taking an awfully long time. (It was stated that someone would win an E-30 at the end of March!)
Thanks

gno
22nd April 2009, 11:15 AM
Could the administrator give an indication of when he expects to be able to announce the winner of this competition? It seems to be taking an awfully long time. (It was stated that someone would win an E-30 at the end of March!)
Thanks

Did it say which year

benvendetta
22nd April 2009, 12:02 PM
I don't want to get at Ian but by the time an announcement has been made, the E-30 may well have been superceded ;)
Beauty of Spring or Summer anyone...........................?

ringneck
25th April 2009, 05:21 PM
Just looked at "Most Popular Recent Images " at the bottom of the Gallery and was wondering HOW they have changed if voting ended yonks ago.

Who are they popular with ?

keith *chr

snapper1609
26th April 2009, 02:04 PM
I think some info on the state of play regarding this competition is called for. As others have said, it's not a case of "getting at" the organisers, but some communication from them would be helpful.

ringneck
27th April 2009, 03:33 PM
*zzz
*zzz
*zzz
*zzz
*zzz
*zzz
*zzz

Keith

ringneck
5th May 2009, 02:33 PM
Been away snapping at the coast over the bank holiday and have just caught up on the announcements on the comp.....i can't go on wasting all those seconds of my life.

While here .........is there any one NEAR the organisers of this and the 4/3rds comp know WHY the silence is so deafening.

keith *chr

ringneck
9th May 2009, 03:48 PM
I see the comp pics have gone from the Most Popular Recent Images at bottom of gallery psge..........is this the last nail in the comps coffin.

keith *chr

shirley
9th May 2009, 04:02 PM
I see the comp pics have gone from the Most Popular Recent Images at bottom of gallery psge..........is this the last nail in the comps coffin.

keith *chr

.....Or it could mean that things are moving*yes
Ever the optimnist!

Ian, please put us out of our misery, what is the situation? Has the competition been abandoned. have Olympus pulled out, are there judging difficulties or is it just taking longer than expected. A quick sentence from you would answer all our questions.
We know you are a reasonable man so there must be a logical explanation for the delay and I am sure you understand our request for clarification.
Thank you in advance.

benvendetta
9th May 2009, 06:56 PM
If I hadn't entered, I would have judged it myself and the winner would've been known well before now....................

ringneck
16th May 2009, 09:03 PM
Well that's another week out of the way....roll on X,mas.

:(:rolleyes::p*zzz:confused::o:mad::eek:

Keith

Rod Souter
17th May 2009, 06:32 PM
By the time the result is announced the camera will have been superseded (twice!!):D

ringneck
27th May 2009, 05:12 PM
Had this Private Message the other day..........
He put it on the thread "looking for the Oldest Oly camera"........

...." if you have time to look for the oldest oly camera perhaps you could find time to look for one of the latest, the e-30 that's gone missing from the competition! - seriously, this is now getting ridiculous, -could we have a conclusion or explanation PLEASE?"
Having just checked, i see it has been removed.
I do not know what else to try, and i think the lack of info. is appalling. How can we get more people to add some pressure, i wonder?

Regards, XXXXXXX...i have withheld the name as I think he still has hopes of actually winning the E30...BUT so do I ;)

I cannot think of anything else you can do XXXXXXX.As I have said I suppose it will probably predujice any chance of getting a prize.
BUT it really should not have got this far.
While typing this I had a bad thought...maybe the silence from a lot of the 200 or so entrants means we are the only ones who don't know whats going on.There seems to be a lot of apathy from the entrants....surely not everyone entered just for the fun of it...they must have thought they had a chance of getting a prize.
Sorry if this has upset anyone involved with the contest...and will not be a nail in my coffin regarding the contest.
It would be nice to know if anyone,besides the members who have commented so far,have any views about this.
Thanks Keith and XXXXXX. *chr

crimbo
27th May 2009, 05:51 PM
Let it lie ... if it is resurrected then we will get to hear about it otherwise there are more important things...

shirley
27th May 2009, 05:59 PM
The only thing I can come up with is that there is some sort of legal issue and that, as a result, Ian is unable to comment and has his hands tied.
I have met Ian and I know he is a reasonable man so there MUST be a good reason for his silence. However it does seem odd that he is uanble to say anything, even if there is a legal issue I am sure there would be a form of words he could use, which wouldn't compromise him or anybody else and give us some idea what is happening.

gno
27th May 2009, 06:20 PM
The only thing I can come up with is that there is some sort of legal issue and that, as a result, Ian is unable to comment and has his hands tied.

Even so, I would have thought that a message from Ian to that effect would have been the way to go.
I also would have thought that it would be in the interests of Olympus to make a statement regarding this as I believe that they sponsor this site and have supplied the prize and to say nothing on the subject does nothing for their corporate image.

Gavin

Paulpp
27th May 2009, 06:28 PM
Just to add my view this does now seem very silly although I am prepared to accept there maybe a very good answer which for some reason cannot be announced. However even an anodyne report from Ian even if only to say "wait and see" would be good.

wfk
28th May 2009, 10:21 AM
Has anyone ever won a camera on any of these competitions? (On this or the other site). This lack of response is definitely off putting for newbies.

snaarman
28th May 2009, 11:25 AM
I wonder if - what with the exchange rate/credit crunch/restricted marketing budget - maybe Oly UK have had second thoughts about giving a camera away on financial grounds :o

However I fear that - having looked at the quality of our entries, they have had second thoughts about giving a camera away on artistic grounds :)

More rumours please *chr

Pete

dodger
28th May 2009, 01:28 PM
Had this Private Message the other day..........
He put it on the thread "looking for the Oldest Oly camera"........

...." if you have time to look for the oldest oly camera perhaps you could find time to look for one of the latest, the e-30 that's gone missing from the competition! - seriously, this is now getting ridiculous, -could we have a conclusion or explanation PLEASE?"
Having just checked, i see it has been removed.
I do not know what else to try, and i think the lack of info. is appalling. How can we get more people to add some pressure, i wonder?

Regards, XXXXXXX...i have withheld the name as I think he still has hopes of actually winning the E30...BUT so do I ;)

I cannot think of anything else you can do XXXXXXX.As I have said I suppose it will probably predujice any chance of getting a prize.
BUT it really should not have got this far.
While typing this I had a bad thought...maybe the silence from a lot of the 200 or so entrants means we are the only ones who don't know whats going on.There seems to be a lot of apathy from the entrants....surely not everyone entered just for the fun of it...they must have thought they had a chance of getting a prize.
Sorry if this has upset anyone involved with the contest...and will not be a nail in my coffin regarding the contest.
It would be nice to know if anyone,besides the members who have commented so far,have any views about this.
Thanks Keith and XXXXXX. *chr

I've just given up hope and assumed the competition isn't actually happening...

ringneck
28th May 2009, 10:55 PM
I wonder if - what with the exchange rate/credit crunch/restricted marketing budget - maybe Oly UK have had second thoughts about giving a camera away on financial grounds :o

However I fear that - having looked at the quality of our entries, they have had second thoughts about giving a camera away on artistic grounds :)

More rumours please *chr

Pete

I THINK THE HAMMER HAS HIT THE NAIL.

Keith *chr

StephenL
29th May 2009, 11:12 AM
I'm all in favour of not rocking the boat, and giving the organisers/promoters every chance to come to a decision, but surely it wouldn't hurt to get some sort of official statement, even if it's only "there's been a delay"? This lack of information is giving Olympus a bad name, which is surely counter-productive.

benvendetta
29th May 2009, 12:52 PM
OK, so we should have been told the winner well before now but my biggest gripe with the competition was its title 'The Beauty of Winter' - much too open to any representation and maybe that's why we are still waiting. Just a thought guys...........

shenstone
29th May 2009, 01:49 PM
I did drop Olympus a note asking whether they were having a problem wit the competition for some reason, but got the same (no) response

Si I'm going to suggest that we suggest to Ian that we gather up a group of pressed men (nautilcal not sexist term) and suggest that we ask for them to be allowed to come up with a decision

This would need to be sufficient people to allow for the fact that people will have entered themseleves and it would have to be non-volunteers (sorry Dave Benvendetta - not a personal dig noting your post above) that have proven their capability in terms of the pictures that they have posted into this forum.

This means to me that we have people like

AndyM
Pete Snaarman
Nick Temple Fry
John (Zukio) Perriment
Graham_of_Rainham

I know there are others who are eminently capable, but these are the ones I've picked out to victimise...*chr

Regards
Andy

Xpres
29th May 2009, 02:11 PM
Mutiny in the ranks? - to continue the nautical theme.... :eek:
I wonder how Ian is? Been quiet for a while.

bernie
29th May 2009, 02:41 PM
Hmmm.... Hacked off and embarrassed perhaps.

Do Olympus and this site really want to get a reputation for offering competition prizes that never materialise? Then no explanation, giving the impression of a lack of regard for their customers, (you and me). Not exactly good PR is it?

benvendetta
29th May 2009, 09:43 PM
But not every good photographer will make a good judge. The competition needs to be judged by one independant person who has not entered it. Not me then.
This is the only way to get an unbiased result.

I did drop Olympus a note asking whether they were having a problem wit the competition for some reason, but got the same (no) response

Si I'm going to suggest that we suggest to Ian that we gather up a group of pressed men (nautilcal not sexist term) and suggest that we ask for them to be allowed to come up with a decision

This would need to be sufficient people to allow for the fact that people will have entered themseleves and it would have to be non-volunteers (sorry Dave Benvendetta - not a personal dig noting your post above) that have proven their capability in terms of the pictures that they have posted into this forum.

This means to me that we have people like

AndyM
Pete Snaarman
Nick Temple Fry
John (Zukio) Perriment
Graham_of_Rainham

I know there are others who are eminently capable, but these are the ones I've picked out to victimise...*chr

Regards
Andy

Makonde
30th May 2009, 04:43 PM
Hmmm.... Hacked off and embarrassed perhaps.

Do Olympus and this site really want to get a reputation for offering competition prizes that never materialise? Then no explanation, giving the impression of a lack of regard for their customers, (you and me). Not exactly good PR is it?

The whole 'beauties of winter' thing has been a turnoff from start to finish!

Also, with our own monthly comps last year there were supposed to have been little prizes. Nothing much, but still.... Susan won, I came second. Many months later, nothing has appeared in the post. How about you, Susan?

Another turnoff.

Westy
30th May 2009, 06:01 PM
For what its worth have deleated my entry to the comp. So problem solved for me.

theMusicMan
30th May 2009, 10:11 PM
The whole 'beauties of winter' thing has been a turnoff from start to finish!

Also, with our own monthly comps last year there were supposed to have been little prizes. Nothing much, but still.... Susan won, I came second. Many months later, nothing has appeared in the post. How about you, Susan?

Another turnoff.
Hold on hold on... the 'prizes' offered in the annualisation [is that the right expression...?] of the monthly challenges was based on something I compiled secretly, and privately, over the course of the year. At no time have Olympus made any offer of prizes for this - it was something I personally compiled, with no expectation of offering anything in the form of a prize other than prestige and kudos, and that Ian agreed to. Personally, I find criticism of this a little sour and distasteful and I am disappointed you find this a turnoff.

Susan was contacted a few months ago, and I passed the information on to Ian who personally offered to put up a bag of goodies as a prize.

I can't comment on the Beauty of Winter competition though, as this is an Olympus sponsored challenge. I will contact Ian in an attempt to ascertain the status, in the meantime can I ask for your patience, thanks.

John

Susan
5th June 2009, 11:57 AM
I can appreciate that the prizes were not the point of the competition and at no time was this the aim of entering, the fun of entering was going out and taking photo's, and having the challenge of viewing things from sometimes a different concept than one would normally view them.

I can confirm though that nothing has arrived in the post Makonde, I do however feel that it was mentioned a few times and things were said they were going to be done and never happened.

Due to time restriction and planning I've not been out much with my camera and hence have not participated much in the site the last few months, this compiled with waiting 6 weeks to hear the outcome of last years annual results has made me wonder about the site, and i do state the site and not the members.

Susan

theMusicMan
5th June 2009, 12:08 PM
Hi Susan

My apologies about this, I have informed Ian a few times now, and will do so once again.

John

gno
5th June 2009, 06:27 PM
Hi Susan

My apologies about this, I have informed Ian a few times now, and will do so once again.

John

Hi John,

I think you have been put in a very difficult position regarding this entire business through no fault of your own.
It seems that those who should be speaking up are not, and this does not show Olympus in a good light.

Regards

Gavin

donmcmahan
7th June 2009, 06:01 PM
I think Westy has the right idea, you should all delete your photos from the comp gallery in protest, then if they ever do get around to awarding the prize mine will be the only entry left. :D

Westy
7th June 2009, 07:49 PM
My Intention was not to cause a stampead of withdrawals from the competition. I am quite sure that the entrants will eventually get a closure to the competition, and am quite sure that Ian and Olympus have their reasons for the delay in the competition results.
I withdrew because of personal reasons,as we have had a death within the family and to be quite honest at the moment wanted to clear one thing from my agenda. As you can appreciate there are some things in life that are more Important than a hobby. At the moment that includes giving my wife all the support that I can.
This forum Is a lovely community of like minded individuals enjoying what I believe to be one of the most enjoyable pass times available. As it not only gives joy to the photographer, but to so many other people who view our photos. Please support the people on this forum who give so much of their time payed or other wise.
Sorry for rambling on its just that I do not want to see this forum go the way of so many others.*please *chr

donmcmahan
19th June 2009, 09:31 PM
Were you all waiting for me? sorry I was dumbfounded by that one!