PDA

View Full Version : Impossible Rumour ?

wornish
19th July 2018, 04:40 PM
This was posted today on the 43 Rumors website :

Olympus new Super High End camera to be “teased” at Photokina?

Apparently Oly might release a camera "above" the EM1mk2 next year.

https://www.43rumors.com

stevewestern
19th July 2018, 06:24 PM
Bugger. My new-to-me mk2 will become utterly rubbish and will need to be binned post-haste.

Phill D
19th July 2018, 07:41 PM
Maybe it will have an in built drone mode whereby when activated it will sprout rotors and fly off to take selfies :p
Well they did say it would be above the Mk2!!!

pdk42
19th July 2018, 08:30 PM
Hmmm - I can't imagine what extra bells and whistles they could add to the E-M1ii to put it significantly ahead. So, that means either:

- A new and much better u43 sensor, OR
- A bigger sensor - not u43. Olympus enters FF land?

Interesting times...

Clockwork Donkey
20th July 2018, 04:50 PM
I understand the new camera will be fitted with wheels and an engine. The GPS built in will then permit the camera to autonomously take to the road and seek out photographs of a quality never seen before. In addition, when it arrives home and has processed its load, it then goes into "domestic" mode where it will prepare and cook your dinner.

Finally it will tuck you up in bed and read you a story.

This is all true as my name is Witchfinder Donkeybreath.

Naughty Nigel
20th July 2018, 05:33 PM
Olympus must be on a roll. They usually take at least ten years to update models, and much longer to launch new models.

Better still, perhaps it is a film camera? :)

wornish
20th July 2018, 09:24 PM
The trouble is..... it now only takes them around 3 - 4 yrs to cease supplying spares thereby making them obsolete *yes

John

Most (OK all) consumer technology these days has a life expectancy of 3 maybe 4 years max. After that you are on your own IMHO.

Internaut
21st July 2018, 10:09 AM
Hmmm - I can't imagine what extra bells and whistles they could add to the E-M1ii to put it significantly ahead. So, that means either:

- A new and much better u43 sensor, OR
- A bigger sensor - not u43. Olympus enters FF land?

Interesting times...

Not Full Frame! Full Thirds! I'd love to see a larger (FF ballpark) format with a native 4:3 (or square) aspect ratio. 3:2 is the thing I like least about my full frame kit.

That said, after a year of using my Sony kit, I find myself questioning the need for anything bigger than MFT or APS-C (for at least 90% of my own usage). Nice to have, but not critical.

wornish
25th July 2018, 07:11 AM
Update on 43 Rumours

Olympus will be releasing a new high end camera in early 2019 its been confirmed by their sources. Still no specs though.

Walti
25th July 2018, 07:44 AM
OM-D EM1ii Titanium?
Customisable * finishes?

* Gold, Silver, wood, carbon fibre etc

I'm still awaiting the much vaunted next generation firmware for the MKii "std"

DerekW
25th July 2018, 09:01 AM
It would be very nice if the control panel and the menu structure could be controlled (optionally) by a web browser on a computer/tablet.

This would have the capability of an unlimited number of Custom settings which could be given "nick names" determined by the user instead of C1 to C3 it would be C1 to Cn with user names like BIFd, BIFs for dark or light settings, BBF etc etc.

The user would not use the computer or tablet in the field only in the home or car for setting the system up.

This process would also work inconjunction with the offered settings spreadsheets. (Actually the people creating the spreadsheets would use the Olly style of SS).

Naughty Nigel
25th July 2018, 02:28 PM
OM-D EM1ii Titanium?
Customisable * finishes?

* Gold, Silver, wood, carbon fibre etc

I'm still awaiting the much vaunted next generation firmware for the MKii "std"

OM-D EM4 Ti perhaps. :D

The OM-D EM3 Ti will have a mechanical shutter. *yes

Bikie John
25th July 2018, 04:14 PM
The OM-D EM3 Ti will have a mechanical shutter. *yes

...and work without a battery.....

John

Otto
25th July 2018, 04:51 PM
And come with a free Weston Master light meter ;).