PDA

View Full Version : A year on

al_kaholik
4th July 2018, 09:58 PM
Hello! Its been over a year since I last logged on here. A lot has been going on with life.

I've picked up the camera maybe twice since then, time has just got the better of me. It disappoints me to have something so powerful sat doing nothing even though its in arms reach. Its time to get creative.

I have weekend plans with subjects in mind, batteries on charge and lenses freshly cleaned.

I'm back, hopefully.

Al

Phill D
4th July 2018, 11:09 PM
Welcome back Al. Looking forward to seeing what you get up to.

Naughty Nigel
5th July 2018, 08:36 AM
I think we have all been there. Sometimes you just have to make a point of getting out and trying to find opportunities and inspiration, but it is not always easy.

OM USer
5th July 2018, 11:41 AM
Welcome back Al (you have a hard name to forget).

Zuiko
5th July 2018, 04:31 PM
Welcome back, I hope you manage to find time to get re-acquainted with your hobby.

shenstone
6th July 2018, 06:08 PM
Indeed - I know how you have felt. I have had similar times and I come out of it again .. enjoy what you can when you can

Regards
Andy

DekHog
6th July 2018, 08:54 PM
Welcome back. I too have been through periods of not picking up the camera. For me it's usually a time issue. Too busy at work. Family issues. Lengthy daily commute. Jobs around the house needing done, and all of these seem to coincide for a period of time that makes any 'me' time nigh on impossible. Unless you're happy to just take snapshots, photography is quite a time-consuming hobby......

al_kaholik
9th July 2018, 09:29 PM
Thank you all for your kind words. A few pics in Foto Fair. Picking it up again, it was a mixed bag, but I guess like everything you need to practice. :)