PDA

View Full Version : Portrait Professional

EH1
12th March 2009, 12:38 PM
Has anyone on here got portrait professional software.

I just wanted to know if its worth getting or not?

Jonesgj
12th March 2009, 03:42 PM
I have it, and it can work quite well; once or twice I have noticed it can have a tendency to over do it, but on the whole it was good.

I think you could download a trial version from the site - I'm sure I tried beofre buying.

EH1
12th March 2009, 03:50 PM
Thanks, you are right I can download a trial version which I will have a play with. ;)

Graham_of_Rainham
12th March 2009, 03:59 PM
There is a quote attributed to David Bailey I keep in mind, and I really think it applies to this package:

Paraphrasing:-

"PP can make a bad photographer look avarage and a good photographer look avarage"

I use blue text because that's normally the colour of the air around Bailey :D

Look seriously at saving the hard earned and getting it right in the camera and with good lighting.

*chr

DekHog
12th March 2009, 07:46 PM
If you do portraits, it's actually really good despite the rather basic looking interface. I find Imagenomic Portraiture to be better, as it'll apply any effects to all skin tones in the image, not just the face like PP does.

Jonesgj
12th March 2009, 09:20 PM

Look seriously at saving the hard earned and getting it right in the camera and with good lighting.

*chr

I think it is more about the subject/model and their make-up. However, that said, one of my daughters (I mean one of my models) gave an unexpected reaction ... "Dad; where have my freckles gone! That's not me..." So PP sits there as a tool that I can call upon if needed.

Regards

Graydon

PS there was a special offer on when I bought it. I think this was from the DSLR user site. Probably time expired now.