PDA

View Full Version : How to enable IS on E-510

SkinHead
11th March 2009, 06:22 PM
I have jumped into the legacy lens bandwagon...bought myself a mint 50mm 1.8. i am still tinkering with the appropriate settings. i have noticed that the IS prompt on the screen disappears, how do i enable this with the manual lens? and ive come across a thread on the site re "making the camera unaware that it doesnt have a lens", how do i do that? would setting it to MF enough?
Thanks a lot!

photo_owl
11th March 2009, 06:31 PM
press IS button as usual, IS on as usual then - press the EV button to get to the focal length area and use the dial to select focal length of the legacy lens (50mm in your case)

don't understand the other bit you raise at all!

SkinHead
11th March 2009, 06:52 PM
press IS button as usual, IS on as usual then - press the EV button to get to the focal length area and use the dial to select focal length of the legacy lens (50mm in your case)

don't understand the other bit you raise at all!

apologies for the mix up of words..My question should have been: How do i enable the camera to "work without lens"? how do i activate this option? Thanks again!

photo_owl
11th March 2009, 11:34 PM
I am afraid I still don't understand what you are asking - not even the slightest idea.

Why would you want the camera to work without a lens - and what is it that your camera doen't do if you just take the lens off it, that you are expecting it do do?

possibly a link to the thread you mention?

IS is not a 'super control panel' (main screen) selectable item with, or without a DZ, legacy or no lens fitted.

The IS menu appears when you push the IS button - again with a DZ lens, legacy lens or no lens fitted.........

Henk
12th March 2009, 05:50 AM
apologies for the mix up of words..My question should have been: How do i enable the camera to "work without lens"? how do i activate this option? Thanks again!

Mount the lens with a proper adapter to the camera, switch the camera on and follow photo_owl's excellent instructions. There is no more. Have fun.

SkinHead
12th March 2009, 08:36 AM
Thanks for all ur help...I have finally sorted out my camera...I am now hunting for my next legacy lens.Ciao!