PDA

View Full Version : Hi from sunny Blackpool

wombat1953
31st December 2007, 04:59 PM
*rudolf
Well we photographers have always had some poetic licence :)

I think single manufacturer user sites have got it right, even though I have more than one make of camera (never was good at making my mind up i'm a bit of a techo freak as well as a photographer I get almost as much fun buying my kit as using it *reindeer). I just have got tired of the number of people taking cheap shots at other peoples choice of equipment.
It just don't matter what camera you use, if it gives you pleasure and the results are what you are looking for.. enjoy!!!
There will always be better cameras than the one you just bought.

Just enjoy what you have and let the others annoy each other *xmashat04

Have a great new year everyone with whatever you have *snowflake*snowflake*snowflake

All the best

Steve

theMusicMan
31st December 2007, 05:37 PM
Hey Steve - welcome to the site.

Unfortunately you are right re pot shots at other peoples choices and other manufacturers camera. I'm afraid that while the internet gets bigger, peoples tolerances of equipment other than theirs is getting significantly narrower. Multi-model photography sites will always struggle with cliqueiness and bias - talkphotography does a very good job at remaining impartial, but recently it's crept in there a lot more too.

Anyway... saying "sunny Blackpool" is almost as funny as saying "dry South Wales" - look forward to seeing some of your poetic license shots :):)

Chillimonster
31st December 2007, 06:20 PM
wombat1953 - Hiya!

John - They do get sun in Blackpool - occasionaly - i witnessed it at the TPf meet :D

Just for you .......

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2351/1854816688_95dc4c477b.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2117/1706370042_1b4cb5405e_o.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2046/1714739714_52527328e1.jpg

All taken on a Canon 40D, but dont hold that against me :lol:, its only a tool!

Chris

wombat1953
31st December 2007, 06:49 PM
Nice shots Chris

But whats that yellow round thing in shot #2 *reindeer

dry South Wales, musicman you got me there:rolleyes:

Steve

Chillimonster
31st December 2007, 10:16 PM

Steve,

I think that was the Mother-Ship on final approach ;)

Chris

shenstone
31st December 2007, 10:36 PM
Nice shots Chris

dry South Wales, musicman you got me there:rolleyes:

Steve

Hi Steve .. couldn't agree more re the sentiments and welcome !

Hmm - Dry South Wales ...

Sight ... Memories

Yes it was when I moved down here in 1984. Sundays everything was shut - there was full sunday closing and that included the pubs! :eek:

Since then Wales has moved to come in line and whereas Cardiff City Centre looked like a Ghost town on Sundays it's now just another shopping day:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Regards
Andy

Jim Ford
1st January 2008, 12:20 PM
Yes it was when I moved down here in 1984. Sundays everything was shut - there was full sunday closing and that included the pubs! :eek:

Reminds me of the W. C. Fields quote:

'Went to Pittsburgh once - it was closed!'

Jim Ford