PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the Olympus PMA booth!

Four Thirds User
5th March 2009, 04:22 PM
Four Thirds User (Fourthirds-user.com (http://fourthirds-user.com)) is a sibling site to the e-group.

We have news and pictures from Olympus here at PMA, including confirmation that Micro Four Thirds will launch this summer. Meanwhile, the E-system is boosted by the new E-620, which has been enthusiastically received at the show.

More... (http://fourthirds-user.com/2009/03/hello_from_the_olympus_pma_booth.php)

benvendetta
5th March 2009, 06:48 PM
The E-620 looks so sexy with its vertical grip, dontcha think guys?
I could see this combo dragging me away from my lovely E-3...............

mike_j
5th March 2009, 08:56 PM
Well no I didn't like it. What's with this business of buying a small camera and lens system then doubling its size and weight with extra grips and massive battery life? Might as well buy a full frame Canikon in the first place :eek:

Oh well - each to his own. I took my Panasonic G1 for a walk on the nature reserve today - it felt a real featherweight and hardly weighed any more than the bins.

Photos were dreadful, but visibility was only about 20m and we could hardly see anything through the mist (aka freezing fog)

Ian
8th March 2009, 08:07 PM
Well no I didn't like it. What's with this business of buying a small camera and lens system then doubling its size and weight with extra grips and massive battery life? Might as well buy a full frame Canikon in the first place :eek:

Oh well - each to his own. I took my Panasonic G1 for a walk on the nature reserve today - it felt a real featherweight and hardly weighed any more than the bins.

Photos were dreadful, but visibility was only about 20m and we could hardly see anything through the mist (aka freezing fog)

Even with the grip attached the E-620 is delightfully light. You can remove it whenever you need that extra lightweight handling, of course.

Ian

benvendetta
8th March 2009, 08:10 PM
Even with the grip attached the E-620 is delightfully light. You can remove it whenever you need that extra lightweight handling, of course.

Ian

Exactly - just the option to have an Oly grip on almost the smallest model will be great!