PDA

View Full Version : Leeds Castle, Kent, Saturday 21st March 2009

The Saint
4th March 2009, 08:38 AM
All

Just a quick notice to say that a few of us from the Olympus Safari Group are going to pay a visit to Leeds Castle in Kent in a couple of weeks time.

Everyone is more than welcome to join us.

Further details can be found on the Olympus Safari Group Website link (http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=106478543555192071681.000451a5a3d65746758d7&t=h&ll=51.256826,0.629632&spn=0.006996,0.019226&z=16)

Alternatively, leave me a message and I'll forward the exact details on to you.

Regards

Simon

Jim Ford
4th March 2009, 09:42 AM
When I was there a couple of years ago there wasn't much opportuntiy for photo's because much of the building was scaffolded. Perhaps it might be as well to check if the work has been finished, before you commit yourselves to go.

Jim

The Saint
4th March 2009, 10:00 AM
Jim

Thanks for the advise, I'll see if any of our local members know the current position with regards to scafolding/works to the castle.

Regards

Simon

The Saint
4th March 2009, 10:56 AM
Jim

One of our members have contacted Leeds Castle and they have confirmed that all the scaffolding has been removed.

Regards

Simon

maydeinkent
4th March 2009, 12:56 PM
Hi All,
Can confirm no scaffolding to be seen at the moment - certainly all clear on Saturday last.
Jane

sapper
4th March 2009, 10:11 PM
I went on 21st Feb, got the date wrong, no scaffolding, had a lovely day.

Zuiko
4th March 2009, 11:05 PM
Wish I could come, but I can't afford it. :(

Leeds Castle is a superb photographic venue, not just for the castle but the grounds and gardens as well. Look out for the daffodils when you go, they should be at their best by then! :)

photo_owl
4th March 2009, 11:10 PM
Now there is honesty Dave!

I am sure it will be a great event - I am currently scheduled to be shooting elsewhere that afternoon but I might just be able to fit in both given the timing. I reckon I would have 4 hours at Leeds Castle so it's possible.

ndl0071
5th March 2009, 07:58 AM
This has the potential for a good day out, I'm planning to attend barring any last minute diversions.
Whoose bringing the sarnies?

photo_owl
5th March 2009, 09:05 AM
This has the potential for a good day out, I'm planning to attend barring any last minute diversions.
Whoose bringing the sarnies?

Sarnies?

My dear man this is Olympus not Canon ...

You can arrange your hamper with Harrods, although Fortnam & Mason do a better job. If you have to order from John Lewis - don't worry because it will come in plain packing...*chr

The Saint
5th March 2009, 09:50 AM
David

If you still have you tickets for Leeds castle you can come again.

If I understand the website correctly the tickets allow you unlimited access for a whole year!

I was planning on visit at least a couple of more times throughout the year to get the best of the various flowers.

Regards

Simon

sapper
5th March 2009, 12:58 PM
David

If you still have you tickets for Leeds castle you can come again.

If I understand the website correctly the tickets allow you unlimited access for a whole year!

I was planning on visit at least a couple of more times throughout the year to get the best of the various flowers.

Regards

Simon

Yes Simon, I did know that and had intended to get tickets wether or not I attended the safari event, Leeds castle is only 25min away.
Hopefully I will be able to reshoot some shots that I c****d up:)

The Saint
21st March 2009, 07:49 AM
Well the sun is out and it looks like we are going to have a lovely day.

Just about to leave for Leeds Castle.

Look forward to seeing everyone there.

Simon

sapper
22nd March 2009, 10:43 AM
Well the sun is out and it looks like we are going to have a lovely day.

Just about to leave for Leeds Castle.

Look forward to seeing everyone there.

Simon

Yes it was a good day. Thanks for organising it Simon. Pictures later, being mothers day I woon't have a lot of free time:)

sapper
22nd March 2009, 10:48 AM
Yes it was a good day. Thanks for organising it Simon. Pictures later, being mothers day I woon't have a lot of free time:)

Just have time to put this one up.
http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/avairy.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/13591)