PDA

View Full Version : Tethered Control for E-3 in Olympus Studio... what will I get...?

theMusicMan
31st December 2007, 04:02 PM
Hey All

Just wondering what the extent of tethered control is when using Olympus Studio with the E-3...? Do you just get to control the same parameters that are on the camera, or does this extend to focus AND image? Do you see on the PC what the camera sees...?

Anyone here tried tethered control yet...?

wombat1953
31st December 2007, 04:39 PM
John
I had a quick play with it a week ago, just checking everything was actually working.
From my quick non exhaustive test you can take shots using your desktop computer/laptop and they are saved back to your computer rather than the camera CF card. big bonus if you are working away from home and have your laptop with you but not many cards...
Most of the controls on the camera are replicated, but I don't think you can actually see what the camera is pointing at until the shot is actually taken, at which point it appears on your computer screen.
I'm sure someone on the forum will be able to enlighten you more than my quick looksee. :)
regards

Steve

And you all have a great new year...

emirpprime
31st December 2007, 05:21 PM
That is what I remember too. What I found best, was that it will save them to a folder on the HDD. You can then use the watched folder function in your image editor (if relevant, like Lightroom, Capture One, Bibble and others where they automatically import files found in that location) so that you can use the better features and faster processing they offer.

Studio has 2 modes, one display the shots taken only (tethered mode) and on where you can change the cameras settings (control mode). I found it a bit slow, but not bad for static subjects.

All the best,
Phil