PDA

View Full Version : Chipped adapters - do they work?

crimbo
27th February 2009, 05:34 PM
thinking of getting another adapter to easily change the M42 lens collection to fit on the E400
So do these chipped versions work or is it just as good to get the non-chipped versions??

mike_j
27th February 2009, 06:21 PM
I have used one and it was quite helpful, it was the old style that couldn't be programmed for the particular lens. The new one have a basic programming method that lets you set the focal length.

I was going to fit them to my adapters before I bought the G1

(Chris - see pm)

scanny
14th March 2009, 11:20 PM
Hi Chris and Mike

Im sure im not the only one puzzled at the application for these so please excuse my ignorance. From the basic literature i have found in between some russian sites differing accounts of what they do. From what i read they are in the adpator or epoxyed in and when you manually focus on the legacy lens the AF dot lights up when it is in focus. Im sure i may be wrong as it sounds a little improbable however hopefully someone with more knowledge can correct me.

Thanks

Steve

Barrie Norman
15th March 2009, 09:07 AM
I have used them, I have one on my 500mm Mirror lens I set the apature so that I can use AP for metering and you get an indication if you hold the shutter half way when focusing which can be very useful if certain light conditions, so I would recommend them, you can get just the circuit and chip, I got mine on ebay from Hong Kong for about 10 for 6 you just line the first contact with the silver screw on the adaptor and glue it in with Epoxy Resin flush with the front edge. I used 5 min Devcon epoxy to make life easy, this is available from Model shops. I hyope this information has been useful and good luck and keep using Manual lense!

scanny
15th March 2009, 11:38 AM
Thanks Barrie ill try to source a few and give them a try

Cheers