PDA

View Full Version : I've setup a portfolio site

pdk42
17th December 2017, 04:48 PM
After using just Flickr for years, I've finally got around to building a portfolio site. Part of the inertia was the plethora of photography web-site builders. I was never happy with any of them. However, with my Adobe subscription for LR and PS there is an Adobe portfolio service thrown in for free. It's not the easiest of things to use, but I'm overall quite pleased with the result. It's not perfect, but it's OK. It's responsive (i.e. works on both desktops and mobile) which is nice.

I'm still building content but there's probably enough there now to make it worth a visit. If you fancy a look and giving any feedback I'd be very interested.

You can find it here: https://paulkaye.myportfolio.com/Home

shenstone
17th December 2017, 08:45 PM
You should be pleased it is a very responsive website with many excellent pictures on it

Regards
Andy

GyRob
18th December 2017, 10:57 AM
Yes works ok and some nice shots too .
Rob.

OM USer
18th December 2017, 12:30 PM
The site looks good and is nicely laid out. The pictures look better than mine.

drmarkf
18th December 2017, 02:16 PM
The quality of the images speaks for themselves, of course, but I quite like the way the galleries work to display the content. It's simple and straightforward, and runs quickly enough.

However, is there any way to add any captions, titles or notes to the separate images, Paul?

pdk42
18th December 2017, 02:33 PM
The quality of the images speaks for themselves, of course, but I quite like the way the galleries work to display the content. It's simple and straightforward, and runs quickly enough.

However, is there any way to add any captions, titles or notes to the separate images, Paul?

That's a good point Mark and it'll be the next thing I'm planning to do.

Rocknroll59
18th December 2017, 03:25 PM
That's a fine site Paul, if you look at the pictures via a 4k screen the details are outstanding, text would be good but the pictures speak for themselves, i'd like to try something similar but not with Adobe as I now have Affinity

Peter*yes

Zuiko
19th December 2017, 12:55 AM
I've looked at the Street gallery so far and it is excellent. Have saved the site to favourites so I can dip in without going through the forum. *chr

ChrisG
20th December 2017, 08:14 PM
Hi Paul, thats a fine looking site packed with excellent images. Something for me to aspire to :)

Graham_of_Rainham
20th December 2017, 08:56 PM
It keeps locking my iPad. :confused:

pdk42
20th December 2017, 09:10 PM
Thanks to all for your kind words!

pdk42
20th December 2017, 09:10 PM
It keeps locking my iPad. :confused:

Thanks for the feedback Graham. I don't have an iPad so that's helpful info. I'll do some searching on the Adobe site and see if there are any known issues.

Graham_of_Rainham
21st December 2017, 10:49 AM
E-Mail with screen shot sent...
*chr

peteh13
23rd December 2017, 09:51 PM
Hi Paul,
Nice work - cracking images.
Started a portfolio site today myself actually. Not finding it particularly easy to use either.
Won't be going public just yet!
Cheers,
Pete.

benpanesar
25th December 2017, 10:38 AM
Hi Paul

Nice pics and the site looks impressive Well Done.
Regards Ben

Internaut
7th January 2018, 12:05 PM
Impressive stuff. Likewise I have an Adobe Subscription. I’ve also embraced the cloud, for better or worse. I’ve only had a play with Adobe Spark, so far. I’ll have to give Portfolio a try.

Phill D
8th January 2018, 09:05 AM
It's a nicely put together site Paul and you images are just stunning. It was a pleasure to flick through until my old win7 pc started to struggle loading the images. All was fine at first but once I'd been to a couple of sections and used the home tab to return some of the images were quite slow to load. It shouldn't be our internet connection as it's fast cable so I expect it's my pc and not your site.