PDA

View Full Version : New Olympus Flash Brackets

Invicta
24th February 2009, 10:58 PM
Not seen this posted elsewhere so thought it would be of interest.

Olympus Releases FL-BK04 Flash Bracket and FL-BKM03 Twin Flash Bracket:

http://www.olympus-global.com/en/news/2009a/nr090224e620acce.cfm

Must admit the FL-BK04 looks a bit weird to me, but the FL-BKM03 looks an interesting setup for macro work.

Graham_of_Rainham
24th February 2009, 11:14 PM
Ah ! *yes

Now the threaded hole in the side all becomes clear. I thought it was for a future accessory (filter holder, reflector/shade, etc..)

How long before that gets "Reverse Engineered" and on ebay for a tenth of the price :rolleyes:

*chr

Invicta
24th February 2009, 11:22 PM
Ah ! *yes

Now the threaded hole in the side all becomes clear. I thought it was for a future accessory (filter holder, reflector/shade, etc..)

How long before that gets "Reverse Engineered" and on ebay for a tenth of the price :rolleyes:

*chr

I was hoping the hole on the side was going to be for a radio trigger ..... My hopes are dashed.

photo_owl
24th February 2009, 11:51 PM
too late - aluminium bar and some old bolts / camera case threaded screws etc etc

it's the ultimate TF but damm heavy - so I made another that bolts to the tripod (into the threaded hole for the strap eye............)

despite excellent results I now use the RF11 again in the field!

Graham_of_Rainham
25th February 2009, 12:20 AM
too late - aluminium bar and some old bolts / camera case threaded screws etc etc

it's the ultimate TF but damm heavy - so I made another that bolts to the tripod (into the threaded hole for the strap eye............)

despite excellent results I now use the RF11 again in the field!

So what's the thread size in the side of the FL-50R ???

Thanks

dbutch
25th February 2009, 08:43 AM
Standard 1/4 wit for your tripod I believe

photo_owl
25th February 2009, 10:05 AM
it's not 1/4" but I can't remember whether it's M5 or M6 of the top of my head.

remember now - it's close to M5 but I wasn't confident that it's an exact match. I did use some soft brass M5 bar locked back with a nut on one 'contraption' but eventually settled on just the cold flash bracket mounts as strong enough.