PDA

View Full Version : Quality questions of fit and plastic

DaveC
2nd November 2017, 02:20 PM
I am quite happy with my OM-D and am continually finding new "stuff" with it BUT two problems that I am curious to see if others have found these:

Memory card cover seems awfully loose to me; I can actually wiggle it around and it often opens in my overly-sweaty hand. Is this normal?

The button locking the battery cover on the optional hand grip has broken off. It just fell off. No great pressure. Somewhat similar to what happened to the plastic insert in the triangular wire left side camera strap holder. Happened within a week of purchase. I don't use it so no great importance. But it broke the same way the cover lock did: just sort of fell off!

I'm off to talk to Olympus about these problems but thought I would first see if others have experienced these issues.

Growltiger
2nd November 2017, 06:33 PM
The memory card cover wiggle is common and fairly unimportant. What isn't obvious is that the cover is in two parts, inner and outer. The inner doesn't wiggle and seals the slots. The outer simply moves the inner when needed.

Very few problems have been reported with this camera compared to the early models.

DaveC
3rd November 2017, 02:37 AM
Thanks for your explanation. When I looked more closely I saw what you were saying. It's just that the cover is looser than other models I have had.