PDA

View Full Version : Wireless remote control

DickSmith
31st October 2017, 03:14 PM
I've wanted to try wireless RC for some time, and have just bought an Olympus RM 1 from a professional supplier. The battery shows a good charge. I've put the RC mode selector into 'on', and this is confirmed in the menu panel.
No amount of pressing either the release button, or the 'ch' + 'w' to synch the camera and release, has any effect.

I'd be grateful for suggestions about what to try next.

Graham_of_Rainham
31st October 2017, 03:37 PM
If I remember the IR receiver is on the front of the camera. I used a small mirror to set my one off from behind

DickSmith
16th November 2017, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the mirror tip.

I've now been able to try a replacement remote control, which the camera repairers had tried on an E620 to check it workd. It still didn't work on mine, so I wonder if there is any master switch for the R/C which is in the hidden menu, as was the Superfine setting.

If there's nothing I haven't switched on, is there a separate remote device which comes with its own receiver unit to attach to the camera?

Dick

Graham_of_Rainham
16th November 2017, 09:40 PM
http://cs.olympus-imaging.jp/en/support/imsg/digicamera/download/manual/esystem/man_e620_e.pdf

You have to turn it ON using the Self Timer/remote control/sequence button

Ross the fiddler
17th November 2017, 02:35 AM
You have followed the instructions in the Manual on page 61, have you? It's the Drive Mode with Remote selection at either '0' seconds or '2' seconds you need. Also, I assume you are not trying to use RC Mode in Menu 2 (page 80), because that is for remotely controlling flashes from the camera, not remotely controlling the camera.

Hope it works for you then. *chr

DickSmith
17th November 2017, 09:06 AM
Thanks for all the help. It works! :)
Dick