PDA

View Full Version : What art filter would you like?

dbutch
21st February 2009, 10:45 PM
A bit of fun I guess, but if you have a great idea for an art filter that could be added to the range what would it be?

Mine would be a virtual graduated ND - you could adjust the split line to where you want in live view, you could also adjust the density

Cheers

Dave

Archphoto
21st February 2009, 11:16 PM
Not in-camera but in PS ? > yes

I think I am the type that likes things natural.......

Peter

Wreckdiver
22nd February 2009, 12:49 AM
Gimmicks are for the P+S cameras and toys. If I spend my money on a camera I want all of it going into the basics of image capture, low noise, extended ISO range, faster sequential shooting etc.

Photoshop does all and more of the gimmicky stuff for me thanks.

Steve

Zuiko
22nd February 2009, 09:56 PM
A Joe Cornish or Charlie Waite Art Filter - so that all my shots looked like theirs! :D

yorky
22nd February 2009, 11:35 PM
I am happy without anyof them. I don't mind using a grad filter to get some detail in clouds but can't get my head round all these others. The same seems to apply as far as I am concernerd to the HD. It doesn't do a thing for me so far. My attitude to it is, If you can tell its been used it ain't worth the effort.

PeterD
23rd February 2009, 12:11 AM
I agree with all the replies. I wish manufacturers would forget about the gimmicks and concentrate on improving the basics. Some of which have already been mentioned above.
Lets face it, those who want the filters etc have plenty of opportunity in Photoshop or equivalent. Why add more cost to the camera for those things that only a limited amount of people would want.
Peter