PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Cardiff

minven
21st February 2009, 02:00 AM
Hi fellow Olympus users!

Well, I don't know what to say but just a "HI".

I am a Uni student in Cardiff and I seemed to be pretty crazy over photography that it seriously hurting the wallet :(

Anyway, hope to learn something from you people.

Cheers!

theMusicMan
21st February 2009, 08:24 AM
Welcome minven... just down the road from here too! Where are you from originally...?

Looking forward to seeing some of your shots, any galleries yet? Don't forget you can use the free space here on e-group to host your images if you don't yet have any online space anywhere.

benvendetta
21st February 2009, 08:58 AM
Hi Minven, there's a few of us here in south Wales although I am a little further east just outside Pontypool. Glad to have you around.

shenstone
21st February 2009, 09:09 AM
Hi there Minven

I think I'm your closest neighbor around here, but no-longer living near the city centre. I'll bet you're living down in the student part of town and there are plenty of old buildings and some wonderful archtecture down there if you're into that sort of stuff.

There is a cardiff camera club and a wildlife photo club ( but they meeet out of town at Bonvilston). If you want details they are both on the web.

Oh. And Yes it can get expensive - I was looking at the E-30 yesterday (oo err.. umm)

Let us all know what you're using and show us some pics in the gallery

Regards
Andy

Jonesgj
21st February 2009, 09:23 AM
Welcome minven.... very friendly and very helpful bunch here.

Graydon

minven
21st February 2009, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome people! I will try to get some photos up when I managed to work how all this thing work and to get time management on par :D
MusicMan, Malaysia is home and Cardiff felt like second home now.

shenstone, yup, I do live very close to university, too close in fact and had spend quite a few evenings in the Bay lately. I am currently using an E3 + 12-60mm which I may want to sell(the body) and get something cheaper. Still considering but not in a rush.