PDA

View Full Version : E-3 given GOLD AWARD.

Barr1e
29th December 2007, 08:05 PM
'What Digital Camera' January Issue 2008 gives the E-3 90% and Gold Award.

The review covers six pages and I'll whet your appetitie with OUR VERDICT Tested by Jamie Harrison.

'The E-3 doesn't offer many innovations, compared to either its competitors or Olympus lower-end models. What it does offer, though, is a fantastic build qualitity excellent images and a functional, pleasant user experience. The Four Thirds system continues to impress and fans of the system are sure to have the E-3 on their shopping list. There are a few features that in camera top trumps, the Olympus E-3 would lose against its closest rivals - for example, the relatively low resolution and the 5fps burst rate. For the majority of general purpose photographers though, the Olympus E-3 is a fine all-rounder and an absolute jewel to use'.

Jim Ford
29th December 2007, 09:32 PM
There are a few features that in camera top trumps, the Olympus E-3 would lose against its closest rivals - for example, the relatively low resolution and the 5fps burst rate.

How tiresome these 'resolution pundits' are! There are plenty of E1 photographers still producing large high quality prints from their 'low resolution' cameras.

I've got _1_Meg_ images from a Nikon E700 on my computer. If I were to mix them with my E500 and E3 images in a slideshow on my 23 inch monitor, most people wouldn't spot them and say 'hey - they're relatively low resolution images'!

Jim Ford

Barr1e
29th December 2007, 09:39 PM
How tiresome these 'resolution pundits' are! There are plenty of E1 photographers still producing large high quality prints from their 'low resolution' cameras.

I've got _1_Meg_ images from a Nikon E700 on my computer. If I were to mix them with my E500 and E3 images in a slideshow on my 23 inch monitor, most people wouldn't spot them and say 'hey - they're relatively low resolution images'!

Jim Ford

Agreed.

I have some great images from way back when resolution was low and we really didn't know much about the amount of pixels.

Sometimes it leaves you*snowflake

Regards. Barr1e

alert_bri
29th December 2007, 11:38 PM
Yes, I quickly browsed through that review today... I was left thinking 'they just don't get it...' - it should have scored higher imho.

Kind Regards

Brian

Barr1e
30th December 2007, 09:33 AM
Yes, I quickly browsed through that review today... I was left thinking 'they just don't get it...' - it should have scored higher imho.

Kind Regards

Brian

I really wish I had this camera even though I am fairly new to dslr. The user reports I have read fill me with such confidence it is my intention to purchase one sooner rather than later. Am I envious of those users - you bet.

It is a pity I suppose that a review is left with just one person - I know there are restraints with cost in publishing houses and the difference in one report to another seems quite wide. Also 4/3rds seems to have taken off much to the dislike of some other users of brands, most noticeable by the comments on other forums. AIMHO of course.

*snowflake

Happy New Year. Barr1e