PDA

View Full Version : Shopping for an E520...

MarkVarley
18th February 2009, 05:54 PM
I went out today to try and buy an E520, I printed copies of the two best deals I found online and took them out to see if I could get a 'price-match'...

My usual shop, Jacobs in 'the city' didn't have any in and when they did come in they wouldn't budge on the price, a shame as I've found this particular branch have gone 'above and beyond' for me before, such as loaning a new body when one E520 had to go back to Olympus (which they then had to sell as used), I'd rather give my money to them but they were stuck in the 400+ range.

Another shop thats gone out of their way to help us before is LCE on the strand, also in London, they could do a body for my target price of 370 but I can get it with a kit lens for that, nearest they could get was 399, they tried and there was much chatter but they just wouldn't come down.

So an Amazon got my money for the body and 14-42mm lens (which will be sold as soon as it arrives incase anyone wants one?).

Also ordered an ownuser grip for it too, I have big hands and find a camera much easier to use with a grip on, and not having to worry about batteries combined with a comfortable portrait orientation make it a winner for me.

I was unpleasantly surprised that I went out of my way to give a handfull of notes to two shops who I think deserve it, only to find they can't budge on price, given the state of things currently I thought they'd go out of their way for my custom. :eek:

c'est la vie..

DekHog
18th February 2009, 06:14 PM
They must be getting new stock at higher prices... it is a bit odd that things like food, clothes, shoes, etc, are all coming down in price, but things like cameras and lenses are going through the roof....

Bonsaidad
10th August 2009, 03:45 PM
Just sent for a E520, used but in mint condition from Peter Walnes for the price of 225.00, boxed with all the leads and two batteries.
Its arriving tomorrow and i cannot wait to try it out, my other camera is the E420 still a good camera, but i need the IS for my outdoor shooting.

Best regards Paul