PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else tried this?

andym
18th February 2009, 12:35 PM
Over the last few days there has been some posts about the purchase of the ME1 magnifying eyepiece.
I had forgotten I had one of these from when I had my E500 so had a dig down my old camera bag to find it.
I was going to offer it up to anyone who wanted it but thought lets see if it fits the E3.
Well I was amazed that it did and how big it made the already very nice screen on the E3.I do a lot of manual focus in the summer using the 50mm for insects so should be good for this.
The other good thing is that it fits much tighter than the exsiting E3 eyepiece and I feel there is little chance of it falling and getting lost.
You can still see the display ok and only seem to lose a little light through it.
I think it woud be a problem for anyone with glasses as the lens apature is very small.

I'll keep it on for a few weeks and see how it goes.

photo_owl
18th February 2009, 12:48 PM
yes and no

overall I didn't think it improved the viewfider experience so it's back on the 400

whilst I can view the viewfinder control panel OK it's not at clear/obvious etc and I use it a lot as my main control panel where I will remove the 400 and often the 510 from the face to change functions so it's not used as much.