PDA

View Full Version : Jessops E-30 demo days in London, Birmingham and Cardiff

Ian
18th February 2009, 12:18 PM
Jessops to demo the new Olympus E30 DSLR

Tuesday 17th February, 2009 - Jessops, the UK's leading photographic retailer, has announced two in-store demonstrations days for the new Olympus E30 DSLR. The in-store demonstration days will take place on Friday 20th and Saturday 21st February at the London New Oxford Street, Birmingham Temple Row, Cardiff and London White City stores.

Olympus expert staff will be showcasing the exciting new digital SLR and will be providing shoppers with advice, hints and tips and exclusive demonstrations of the new product. This is a great opportunity for photography enthusiasts to check out a fabulous new piece of equipment and learn about photography from the experts. Customers will also receive a free Olympus card reader with every demonstration! (While stocks last.)

The new Olympus E30 certainly packs a punch with a long list of impressive features. Key features include:

12.3 megapixel live MOS sensor, which guarantees the capture of all image details, right down to the smallest minutiae

Built-in image stabiliser with up to five steps efficiency

Face and Background Control for beautifully balanced exposures of foreground subjects and background scenery

Easy-to-apply Art Filters for enhanced creativity (Pop Art, Soft Focus, Pale&Light Colour, Light Tone, Grainy Film, Pin Hole)

5 frames per second continuous shooting

Priced at 1099 the Olympus E30 is a model aimed at the serious photography enthusiast. The Olympus E30 with 14-42mm Lens will be available exclusively from Jessops stores or online at www.jessops.com (http://www.jessops.com). With every purchase of the Olympus E30, customers will receive a free Olympus E-system swing bag via redemption from Olympus until 31st March 2009.

benvendetta
18th February 2009, 06:32 PM
Jessops and Olympus E-30 in the same press release - I don't believe it! ;)
Shalln't be popping down to Cardiff as I will be able to play with it at Focus on Imaging next Tuesday.

shenstone
21st February 2009, 09:24 AM
Well I did get down to Cardiff yesterday and I have to say that it was as very enjoyable experience and nothing like the last 2 visits into Major camera retailers I have made (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4450)

I missed the Olympus rep who'd left before 4:00 [ and therefore missed out on the freebees aparently:( )

I had a really good play with the E-30 and I liked the feel, the ergonomics and the weight wasn't silly. In fact with the Kit lens it felt no heavier than my E-510 with the 11-22 on it

The conversion in button layout wasn't hard to pick up from the 5xx series and at a quick look through the menu's are structured almost the same so that's a quick learn as well

I popped one of my cf cards in and have some files to play with ( not had time to do other than glance at the moment, but they looked doog on playback and also on 1st view on a PC screen.

The sales guy was very positive about the E-30 and was saying that the Olympus system would be his pick for a travel camera system should anyone be asking, but did comment that on a pure "like for like" he considered the E-30 about 200 overpriced and that could hurt sales. Not that he was unpositive, btu he did think it was a no-brainer for anyone wanting an Olympus upgrade, but would it pull in new people to the marque at that price is still to be seen

One final comment - he'd had confirmation from the Olympus Rep that there was another announcement due and it would be based on the E-30 improvements, but he would'nt say whether it was above or below in the range.

Personally I hope it's above as the marque needs a real flagship that's knocking socks off and the 520/420 are damn good cameras in their places in the range and are currently sensibly priced and probably just need to evolve into the new sensor at the right time.

BTW he did say that they had plenty of stock since they've dropped Pentax they seem to be spending the difference on Olympus stock

It's amazing how mych different I feel having had such a positive experience in there and comparing that to last time

Regards
Andy