PDA

View Full Version : 12-60 zoom function.

mike_j
17th February 2009, 09:33 PM
I'm wondering if the zoom action on my 12-60mm is OK. It's always been a bit rough feeling, especially just over 25mm when it almost feels as though it changes gear. It works perfectly and I had hoped it would bed in with use but no change.

Is it my lens, or this this normal? I seem to remember some adverse comments in early reviews on the lens about the zoom smoothness.

Wreckdiver
17th February 2009, 09:59 PM
My 12-60mm lens is perfectly smooth across the whole range.

Steve

dodger
17th February 2009, 10:09 PM
I'm wondering if the zoom action on my 12-60mm is OK. It's always been a bit rough feeling, especially just over 25mm when it almost feels as though it changes gear. It works perfectly and I had hoped it would bed in with use but no change.

Is it my lens, or this this normal? I seem to remember some adverse comments in early reviews on the lens about the zoom smoothness.

Coming from the 14-54, I have to say that the 12-60 zoom function is a bit less smooth than I'm used to, but I don't think it's anything to worry about. In fact I find it quite reassuring, as I'm assuming it's to do with the weather sealing...

andym
17th February 2009, 10:24 PM
Hi

Yes there's always been a bit of a "click",no not a click a "chink" on mine at this point.If you look inside not attached to the body there seems to be an internal tube/barrel that makes this noise.
Not caused me any problem so here's fingers crossed.