PDA

View Full Version : Quick custom setting for "IS off"

mack100
6th August 2017, 10:51 AM
This might seem incredibly foolish but if I don't ask I'll never know!
My C2 setting is BIF and I've decided that all IS off (body and lens) is the way I want it.
I've configured the lens/IS so that turning off lens IS turns off both body and lens but when switching from my C1 (perching birds) to C2 I still have to manually switch the lens IS off.
Is there any way I can configure my custom BIF setting so that when switching to it it turns off IS for both body and lens without me having to switch the lens manually, i.e leaving the lens on IS?

BTW I'm not drunk:D

Olybirder
6th August 2017, 11:23 AM
Do you ensure the lens stabilization is turned off when you save the settings to your custom set up?

Ron

mack100
6th August 2017, 12:31 PM
Do you ensure the lens stabilization is turned off when you save the settings to your custom set up?

Ron
I've just tried that but it reverts to IS on when C2 is re-selected. I suppose what I'm after is for a camera setting to override a physical lens switch setting.

Tordan58
8th August 2017, 09:35 AM
I have assigned C2 for BIF, it has IS off and it works as intended except with the 300 F4 where the IS switch overrides the camera settings and has to be turned off separately. And switched back to On when photographing static subjects. You get used after some time, but it would have been convenient to have the option to have camera settings have priority.

mack100
8th August 2017, 10:25 AM
I have assigned C2 for BIF, it has IS off and it works as intended except with the 300 F4 where the IS switch overrides the camera settings and has to be turned off separately. And switched back to On when photographing static subjects. You get used after some time, but it would have been convenient to have the option to have camera settings have priority.
That's exactly the problem. As you say I'm going to have to get used to the quick switch from C1 to C2 when I see BIF and turn the 300 F4 IS off.
It's complicated by the camo cover on the lens and by my ageing reactions!