PDA

View Full Version : HLD-9 grip for E-M1 Mkii

mack100
3rd August 2017, 09:34 AM
Is anyone using this grip or contemplating getting one?

Walti
3rd August 2017, 10:19 AM
Is anyone using this grip or contemplating getting one?

I got one with the camera as part of a package, as with the MKi I found I needed the grip with the 300 f4, however they have moved the lens mount up by approximately a millimetre in the new body and I find I don't need it with the MKii.

If you feel you need/want one make me an offer! ;)

mack100
3rd August 2017, 03:49 PM
I got one with the camera as part of a package, as with the MKi I found I needed the grip with the 300 f4, however they have moved the lens mount up by approximately a millimetre in the new body and I find I don't need it with the MKii.

If you feel you need/want one make me an offer! ;)
Thanks, but I'll resist the temptation:)

Bikie John
3rd August 2017, 06:34 PM
I decided not to get one and see how things went without it. They went jolly well so (unless a free one comes along, oink oink flap flap) I'm not going to bother.

One fairly significant reason for using one with the E-M5 and E-M1 Mark I was that the battery gauge was rubbish. The camera could say it was full one minute and then die, having the grip with a fully-charged spare meant the camera would switch over without any problems. The Mark II behaves so much better in that respect that I don't feel the need for a grip.

John

bassman
3rd August 2017, 08:26 PM
Purchased the grip and camera body at the same time. Was disappointed there wasn't any promotion with adding the grip but I really wanted one.

Naturally it adds some weight but does feel solid and handles really well.
I find it much easier and secure to hold when using in studio situation, where it's often inconvenient to keep using neck strap and is great with the long lenses.

Mark

MikeH
4th August 2017, 06:21 AM
I got the grip with the show deal that Olympus were doing at the NEC. It's on the camera all the time but to be honest I haven't tried using the Mk2 without it. Mainly because I had the Mk1 with the grip and it suited my big hands. So I've just naturally started using it with the MK2.

Phill D
4th August 2017, 08:12 AM
I'm just the opposite to Mike I got the grip too but have never used it. The last thing I want to do is add to the weight and bulk. So if anyone wants one I'm open to offers, its bnib don't even think I've opened it, at least I can't remember doing it if I did.

DavyG
4th August 2017, 08:29 AM
I have the grip and use it on my E-M1 II.

If Walti or Phill have an idea of how much they'd take for their unwanted grip, I may be interested in buying one for my wife's E-M1 II.

Dave

Phill D
4th August 2017, 08:52 AM
Dave sorry didn't see that Walti had offered his already. Happy to talk if Walti decides he wants to keep his.

Walti
4th August 2017, 12:58 PM
Dave sorry didn't see that Walti had offered his already. Happy to talk if Walti decides he wants to keep his.

I'm not going to sell mine as it's a useful spacer when using my multi flash rig for macro.

drmarkf
4th August 2017, 03:10 PM
I might be persuadable to part with mine.

It came with the Photography Show E-M1ii bundle, and at the time I was keen since I knew I'd be doing much more work with the 300 and initially at the Show it seemed to help with handling. However, I rapidly adapted to using the rig without, and I also don't find having only one battery at a time any issue.

I'll sleep on it for a night and be in touch if I decide to let it go: I think it's been on the camera once.

Phill D
5th August 2017, 06:38 AM
DavyG as Walti has decided to keep his I've sent you an offer by PM.

davy59
6th August 2017, 08:43 AM
I thought hard about buying a grip when I bought my EM-1 Mark 2, had grips on both my EM-1 and EM-5, true they were free but I had never used the camera's without a grip! Decided grip was too expensive for the Mark 2 and instead bought a spare battery and I am pleased with the decision, camera is obviously lighter and one of the reasons I use the EM-1 mark 2 is because of its light weight. The grip would make it far too heavy I now realise and my camera bag was getting far too heavy, actually hurt my back covering a wedding due to the weight of my kit! So thought I would give a grip less EM-1 mark 2 a go for a while! And I am pleased with the results so far!

MikeH
6th August 2017, 08:49 AM
Ok. I'm going to go a week or two without the grip to see if it makes a difference.

MJ224
11th August 2017, 11:21 AM
Can only add to what's been said.

At the NEC, the grip came with camera, I have never used it either.

SO if they go on the buy and sell here, they are going to be cheap...........:)