PDA

View Full Version : 7 Artizans 7.5mm f 2.8

Pistnbroke
21st July 2017, 09:49 AM
Well its cheap at 109 but anybody tried one . While I dont think 16mp is enough for heavy croping of such a wide lens (its not a fisheye) it sounds very usefull. I have tried the 7.5mm samyang and was impressed but not enough to spend 220.
I also understand that many of the lens glass compositions are no longer available in the EU due to health and saftey issues in production but the Chinese still make exotic glass making the lenses better than we would expect at the price.

benvendetta
21st July 2017, 11:27 AM
I would be surprised if it is any good. The Samyang is really good value for what you get. I would like to replace my 7-14 43rds f4 at some stage and have often considered the Samyang as possibly the lens to do it, whilst accepting that the FL is fixed and it is a FE. The weight is a lot less!

Pistnbroke
21st July 2017, 01:05 PM
Well as you have not tried one how do you know?
I could say the same of a SAMYANG 14mm but as I have tried it I know its fantastic ( on a Nikon FX )
So the question still remains ..anyone tried one ??

Zuiko
21st July 2017, 03:45 PM
Well as you have not tried one how do you know? As a judge I am surprised you jump to conclusions ...

Do you really need to be so abrasive? Dave wasn't jumping to conclusions, he was merely stating an opinion, an informed opinion based upon many years experience.

Pistnbroke
21st July 2017, 03:54 PM
As I pointed out the Chinese have access to glass that was developed in Europe but which is no longer available to European makers . So we don't know what exotic glass or design they have used and hence experience plays no part ..
My motto is Test don't guess
So the question still stands anybody actually tried one ?

iso
21st July 2017, 05:47 PM
The Chinese have access to chopsticks too. ( a fact you may be unaware of ) I've never used them, but I know I'd prefer a knife and fork. *yes

John

Typical John - Typical. Please let me know that you have excluded my Posts - they will only annoy you.

Pistnbroke
21st July 2017, 06:20 PM
Hey its simple ..got one ? Is it any good ?

Zuiko
21st July 2017, 06:28 PM
Now, now - let's not all fall out over this. *nono

To get the thread back on track, can anyone help Pistnbroke with his question?

benvendetta
22nd July 2017, 06:15 AM
Why don't you try one of the many Olympus Facebook groups? More likely to find someone that has one.

Phill D
22nd July 2017, 08:05 AM
If you do find one I hope you will still post your thoughts on here.

benvendetta
22nd July 2017, 10:11 AM
On the Amazon site under the lens there is one user review if anyone is interested. The 25mm f1.8 has a review too.