PDA

View Full Version : Lens Settings

Talkingdrum
20th July 2017, 10:12 PM
I have a number of 35mm lenses that I have added in the lens settings menu. My understanding is that when I put an Olympus 4/3 lens on, the camera is supposed to recognise that lens and adjust accordingly and when I am using one of the other lenses I choose the lens from lens settings where I have previously added it.
If the last lens I used was for example a Nikon 200mm, when I put the Olympus 12-100, push the "OK" button and view all the settings and then choose S-IS to choose the image stabilization mode, on that screen it is still showing "Nikon 200mm" (greyed out) as the focal length. I can select that focal length on the screen and change it. Why is it not showing the focal length of the Olympus lens I have on? Under lens settings there is no option for for choosing a native lens or for choosing no lens, I have to choose one of the lenses I have programmed in and which ever is the lens I choose in Lens settings, that is the lens that shows up when choosing Image stabilization mode regardless of what lens I put on.
Does anybody have an explanation for this?

Ross the fiddler
20th July 2017, 10:40 PM
It won't show the native lenses data in that display but will show the last used data, greyed out, as you see since it is for manually input data. That's normal (as far as I know).

Talkingdrum
20th July 2017, 11:01 PM
Ah ok, that's fine then. Thanks

pdk42
21st July 2017, 07:44 AM
Yep, that's just how it works. The lens data for native lenses isn't displayed, but it is recorded in the EXIF and the camera will respect all the settings needed.